All reviews within walking distance downtown duluth inexpensive hotel canal park room was clean place to sleep superior street desk person coffee pot booked rooms gas fireplace location was perfect whirlpool tub first floor motel sheraton rates
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Duluth is often overpriced. Though nothing fancy, this place provided everything we needed which was a bed, refrigerator and a bathroom. We booked through Expedia and didn’t get one of the remodeled rooms but we only needed the room for sleep. It kind felt like a step back in time. Needs some updating but was good enough.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VoyageurManager, Front Office Manager at Voyageur Lakewalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for stay with us and reviewing your stay! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The staff was nice and the room was clean. The views are awesome from the balcony, which is open to all guest. For the price this hotel exceeded my expectations. It is located right in downtown and everything is within walking distance. I suggest coming up to Duluth right before peak season.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel staff is very friendly and are willing to work with their guests rooms are very clean comfortable and the price is definitely words to stay they don't have a breakfast or anything like that but you're right down in downtown Duluth and you only 5 minutes from Canal Park in the lake

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Jfyten

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay! Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I came here homeless and in need of a cheap place to stay for a few days. We didn’t quite have all the money up front, but they were willing to work with us to keep us out of the cold. They were awesome to us! We definitely recommend this option to anyone in need! Thank you so much Voyageur!

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Kaitlyn S

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay and experience with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I visited from out of state for my nieces wedding and this was close to the Venue Fitger’s Inn & Brewery. I would expect $129 a night to bring me a decent room with more than a decent and appeared clean bed.

I was disgusted and disappointed with the condition of the shower (pic attached) and an area in the bathroom that was obviously covered in black mold. I would not even shower while staying there, even if I had shoes on. The television did not work, the blinds were broken and the heat wouldn’t turn on when it was 50 degrees outside. I slept with my coat on.

The property has a main building and another part called the “the suite” that is attached only by a brick wall. This is the building I stayed in. I was in room 219.

I called to let the management know and the young man was less than helpful. He told me to call back in the morning and speak to someone else. I called and the same person was at the front desk. A couple hours later I called again and the manager was still not in. There was a phone number printed on the receipt and I sent a message with photographs. I still do not have a resolution to this after they offered a full refund.

I would have been better off sleeping on my nieces floor with the dogs or in my car.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Arlys E
VoyageurManager, General Manager at Voyageur Lakewalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Arlys, I do sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay at the Voyageur. We have fixed the issues in the room and we have resolved your refund issue. I do thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again in the future.
Audra E. GM