“This is all about the view!!”

JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 284 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Superior St and 5th Ave W
Description: Welcome to JJ Astor (located on the 16th floor of the Radisson Hotel Duluth), where guests enjoy welcoming service, inspired décor, modern approachability, unparalleled views, and signature dishes. Our cuisine is traditional Old World with a regional twist. Whether settling into the oversized armchairs with a craft cocktail and tapas in the lounge, or admiring the view from the inviting sofa style banquettes, the restaurant provides a memorable dining experience for locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

This place has good food but for the price I feel it should be better. The bruschetta was great though. This is great for a romantic dinner if you can get a reservation at sunset. The view of the lake with the sun setting over it was amazing and really set the mood!! The restaurant itself rotates 360° so you get to see all of duluth! For 2 entrees an appetizer and a bottle of wine was about $150 so it's not a cheap date, but I would say if you are looking for something unique it's worth it!!

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Worth the visit just to sit in a revolving restaurant! The food is pretty great, but the view is the best!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 31 March 2016

I visited here last 2 or 3 years ago while staying at the hotel, it was stormy and didn't feel like venturing out. The food was overpriced and not of very good quality.

We recently relocated to the area, and my wife want to go here for Valentines Day. It does have an amazing view of the Duluth area, lift bridge, and lake. Bonus points on the view when Bentleyville is going.

Back to the pleasant surprise... The food was actually pretty good. There is certainly finer options in Duluth, but the food and view combo is definitely worth an occasional visit. Service overall was good. The flower vase was accidentally knocked over while sitting, and our waitress took special care to address that, maintained her composure, and was definitely a positive part of our visit.

Not a regular return location, but we will come back.

Make a reservation at busy times. The only Open Table restaurant in the area.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Booked here for Easter Lunch with hopes of getting away from the other local buffet same ol' same just add water generic food.
To my dismay that was exactly what we got. Instant mashed potatoes, processed ham, gravy from a mix, stuffing from a box/bag mix, pre-made commercial deserts, thaw and serve rolls.
This place did have two redeeming factors... Spinning restaurant (although the fixtures need some attention) and the Wait Staff.
The Wait Staff was amazing. There was a staff member "supervising" the buffet but really don't know why she was there. Seriously the serving utensils were "caked" with the remnants of the full days food service. Utensil holders were also overflowing with drippings from the utensils. And the ever so fancy tinfoil to cover the ham. For a family of four the Buffet alone was $100 not including drinks or gratuity. Sadly it was money I felt Wasted.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

AVOID! BUYER BEWARE! CREDIT CARD FRAUD!

Fraudulently billed my credit card! Wrote in $70 tip on a $50 check...had to dispute the charge with credit card company because the manager of the restaurant wouldn't speak to me on the phone about it.

Took my folks out for dessert and a drink...$50 total check after crappy service (took forever, drinks & desserts were mediocre at best)...overall, disappointing experience....then to get a credit card bill showing a $70 tip added onto my bill...$120 total! I couldn't believe it! I immediately called the restaurant to speak to the manager but he wouldn't speak to me...I left my phone number and was told the manager would call me back...never heard from them (I gave them a week to respond)...so I called my credit card company to dispute the charge. Apparently the manager (who was contacted by my credit card company) said it was a legitimate charge...he disputed my dispute...so this is still not resolved (months later)!

Wouldn't give this place any stars (but tripadvisor makes you give at least 1...).

Bottom line: don't be surprised if you are disappointed AND fraudulently billed here!

The rotating restaurant part is neat to experience but NOT worth the fraud/hassle.

Date of visit: November 2015

Been to JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!