See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We've stayed at just about every hotel in Duluth and this is just 6 weeks old. We got one of their largest rooms (King suite with couch) and it was definitely nice for the 2 of us. Parking is tight and had to park across the road. No shuttle (like the Park Point Marina hotel next door does) so we had to park in Canal park. (Yes, you can walk there, but we do a lot of walking already and didn't want to add another 7 blocks of residental walking.)

The breakfast has your usual fair of waffles, fabricated eggs and sausage. Would skip this and eat at Amazing Grace.

The views are OK but your basically overlooking a harbor full of boats. You can see the skyline, but I prefer the views of the South Pier hotel.

I'd rate the hotel as "average", but it's just so new you can't fault the facilities.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Ellen B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to review our new hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is the best Fairfield Inn! The staff goes out of their way to assist you. They ask how your day was when you return to the hotel in the evening. They cheerfully bring out more breakfast foods when they are gone. And the rooms are superb! We got to stay on the corner room looking out onto the water. Great view of the city. Two television sets, lots of hot water and VERY quiet! Superb location! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Inn_Duluth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It was wonderful to hear of your super stay with us. We look forward to your return in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and the views.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t believe this was a Fairfield. I stayed here a couple weeks after the hotel formally opened. I could smell the fresh paint and carpet.

The pool was spacious but was missing a hot tub or sauna.

The fitness room was great.

The breakfast spread was impressive for a limited service property, alrhough the coffee was cold and not fresh. An espresso machine would be nice.

My room was clean and in perfect consition, although somewhat poorly designed because there were no electrical or USB outlets by the bed. Also, none of my special requests (extra pillows or extra towels) were fulfilled.

No complimentary newspapers were available. Would it really hurt the hotel to have 2-3 copies of the local newspapers in the lobby or breakfast area?

Also, I received zero recognition nor thanks for staying. I’m a Marriott platinum premier and expected at least a thanks if not a recognition of my status. I had to remind the front desk attendant of my elite benefits because she didn’t offer them.

All things considered, this is the best choice for a Duluth waterfront/harbor hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank planetraincar

Thank you for sharing more about your experience with us. I have let our team know about the welcome for Marriott rewards members. We have added local newspapers in our market and front desk area.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

How nice to stay in such a new hotel! Great location....close to Canal Park. Super clean rooms and very helpful staff. A good complimentary breakfast as well. The rooms are very, very quiet. We did use the gym and the pool....again top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the boats.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear staff was helpful.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is just 2 weeks old...so nice, clean, modern. Big bathroom with lots of counter space, microwave, fridge, coffee maker in rooms. There’s a mini market and a warm indoor pool. The location is amazing, only blocks away from aerial bridge, museum and lots of restaurants. Our view was of the marina, water, downtown and the bridge. The staff we met were all friendly and helpful. Wish we had more time here...it’s fun just looking out of their huge windows, but get out and walk around the fun area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank victoryah

Thank you for letting us know you had an amazing stay. I will be sure to let the staff know that you found them friendly and helpful.