“Wee Gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Erin O
“Wee Gem”
Reviewed 2 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We love visiting Donella Cottage. It has everything you will need for a relaxing break away. The host is very nice to deal with and always leaves a tasteful welcome basket.

Crawick Multiverse is worth a visit if you like walking and highly recommend Dalscone Farm park if you have kids with you.

3 Aug 2018
Thankyou for your gracious review Erin. You and your family are always a pleasure to host and I hope you are able to visit again soon.
K
Innerleithen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Aug 2018
Thankyou Tessy for your lovely comments. I am very pleassed you enjoyed your stay and I would be very happy to see you on a return visit.
Kind regards
Claire H
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Peace & quiet”
Reviewed 3 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We stayed here for a 3 night break my husband myself and our 10 year old daughter. Our main holiday is not until later this year and these dates were the only time my husband could get off work which worked in well as our eldest daughter was at the TRNSMT festival in Glasgow. The accommodation exceeded our expectations as it looks a lot smaller in the photos, believe me it wasn’t small at all plenty of space for us. The hot tub and decking area was perfect and the small garden area especially as we were so lucky to be enjoying the rare acnotruah heatwave ! Our daughter got chatting to the neighbours who owned the horses (she loves horses and knows her way around them and the stables as she goes horse riding ) they were fab with her allowing her to help out. The cottage itself was well equipped with everything you need for a short break. There isn’t much close by apart from a local shop and chip shop but for us it was what we were after absolute peace and quiet we would definitely recommend staying here. We booked through Airbnb which is a first for us but have no complaints the owner was really quick at answering my queries and her little touches were very noticeable in the cottage such as the welcome box with bottle of wine!

23 Jul 2018
Thankyou Claire for taking the time to do this review. I very much appreciate your positive feedback and I am so glad you all enjoyed your stay at Donella Cottage. And you were lucky with the weather too! Hopefully you will come back again soon.
Very best wishes
iaisha m
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 4 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We just spent the last 3 night's at donella cottage. Quiet area and was a perfect weekend. We didn't do much apart from relax in the hot tub. It was just what we needed

10 Jun 2018
Iaisha, thankyou very much for your kind comments. I am glad you found the cottage enjoyable and were able to relax there.
Best wishes
969chacha
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Secluded 1st class cottage”
Reviewed 23 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This cottage is on the edge of the village of Kirkconnell, sits up and back from the road with a beautiful view of the hills. My daughter found this cottage and had stayed here previously as it is dog friendly. The cottage from the outside looks deceiving. You enter through a little close which made me a little unsure about the whole thing. However, once inside I was pleasantly surprised. The property has 2 bedrooms one large which is built into the roof space and one smaller downstairs. The kitchen/dining/sitting area is combined with double glass doors onto the patio area which holds a hot tub and an area to sit in. The kitchen area is equipped with everything you can think of along with a washing machine and dishwasher.

The owner really looks after and cleans this property well. Crockery and glasses were spotless with not a fingerprint in sight (a huge bugbear of mine). I wore white slippers the whole weekend which were still white on leaving so this gives a good indication of the cleanliness. The owner left a box of chocolates an a bottle of wine as a welcome which was lovely. I will definitely return.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 May 2018
Thankyou so much for your kind comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Donella Cottage and I look forward to your return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing