“A great cafe and little bar with consistently great food”

Hudy's Cafe & The Li'l Bar
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Champlin
Description: Located in Champlin, Minnesota, Hudy's Café & The Li'l Bar offers home cooked recipes, a welcoming environment and fun for the whole family. Our team is truly committed to providing delicious meals with friendly service. At Hudy's Café & The Li'l Bar, our saying is " Enter as strangers, leave as friends". Our guests are always greeted with a warm, friendly attitude, and we are always happy to have you. For over 15 years, Hudy's Café & The Li'l Bar has been serving up home cooked recipes made with the finest ingredients. At Hudy's Café, our breakfast and lunch menus are full of hand-picked recipes inspired from family recipes and made with fresh, high-quality ingredients. The Li'l Bar offers a great spot to stop in for drinks and dinner with friends or alone. Featuring large screen TVs, daily food and drink specials, pull tabs and more, you're bound to have a great time at The Li'L Bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was recommended to me and I really appreciated it! The cafe is open for breakfast and lunch, and the attached Lil bar is open for lunch and dinner All of their breakfasts are great, and their lunch and dinner meals are tasty too. American fare with some twists. The staff is very nice,and consistent. They make the best patty melt on the planet!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Hudy's has good food, reasonable priced. Hudy's Cafe side is only open breakfast and lunch. There is a great variety of choices for both meals.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Once inside, it recalls a small hometown diner. Service is almost also spot on even when they are swamped (often).

The menu is traditional breakfast and lunch fare with few added flairs that seem to be the trend today. Servings are hearty and delicious.

We visit a couple of times a week usually lunch on Thursday and breakfast on Saturday or Sunday. Weekends are busy from open to close but we've never had a problem with the food. Service can sometimes get a bit thin on refills but given a full restaurant and a long wait up front, I don't worry if I actually see the bottom of my coffee cup once or twice.

All in all, excellent food and great service.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Good food at a fair price and friendly staff. Good breakfast selection, basic lunch menu. Try the turkey melt sandwich.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I don't want to say this restaurant is poor but I do think it's only a 2 1/2 star place. All of the food is really nothing special. It's a mediocre home cooked meal. The prices are really good which is a plus for parents. I can see that this place would be great for a young family. Kids like basic food and this place has that. I don't think it should have such high ratings but it's worth a try for a family with young kids. I didn't go with young kids but still I was expecting better.