See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

So visiting the Cajun festival we thought we would come up to try this casino. Upon pulling in the place is really run down. We thought might just be the outside. Inside we felt like outsiders it's really a community casino. Not very welcoming. We waited for the buffet to open at 5 to grab a bite. We walked back to see a $22 price for it. For only a handful of options it was not worth it so we left. Before leaving I can say we won $300 on Hot Shots hence why I said glad we were paid to come.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James R
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Stayed two nights on a package deal, that was hard to refuse. We were on a motorcycle ride and this location looked ideal. First off there isn't a good place to park a cycle, police were in the parking lot both nights dealing with some issues. A previous review mentioned shady characters walking around and they weren't kidding. The motel is older and could use some cleaning up, our room - air cond worked only when it wanted to, the rotator for the blinds was missing, the clock didn't work, the shower squeeled when tuned on, dirt and crud around base of stool. Room smelled musty and although it was a non smoking room still had the smell of someone smoking in it. The walls are very thin and the kids next to us were noisy past midnight. (parents apperently were in the casino.)That was the negatives on the room - here are a couple of possitives, comfortable bed, a nice flat screen TV and OK WIFI. I was affraid to go into pool, water had a funny look ( no hot tub or sauna). Service in the main restaurant was unbelievably slow. ( had three meals there).
Didn't expect to make any money in the casino and we didn't- the smell of smoke is everwhere, don't plan on having a cocktail- alchohol on the premise is a no-no.
We will not return - no matter how good a deal they offer me.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor arcade area
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David R
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Interesting local experience. We stopped here primarily due to location and price, and did not take advantage of the casino side of things. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The actual hotel is a bit run-down, thin walls, but everything works. The fact that I had to show a photo ID every time I made a credit card purchase was a new phenomenon for me, as was all of the signage about not carrying guns, removing one's hood, where to smoke, and the prohibition on drugs and alcohol on the property.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank sanddriver2568
Reviewed 19 July 2015

No one answers the phone at the front desk when we tried to confirm our reservations, waited on the line 22 minutes.The beds are absolutely horriable you can feel and hear the springs evertime you move!the TV remote didn't work the alarm clock we couldn't set it flashed all night ! The carpet in the rooms are filthy?? The bathroom floor was so full of cigarette burns the toilet seat too! The staff is not friendly and there is plenty of shady characters walking around! Never coming back!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny L
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

What a horrible place. So many things wrong I can't begin to even write about it all so I will stick to the restaurant. We ordered and waited and waited and waited and waited. The waitress kept apologizing and saying and would be right out. And we waited and she apologized and apologized and apologized. I ordered the special - meatloaf and a baked potato. Finally mine came and no baked potato. She apologized and said they were out. My husband is vegan and ordered the bean burger. We waited more and more with the promise the cook said two minutes. Still didn't come. And didn't come. I finished the so-so slab of meatloaf and sat and waited more. It was late so we didn't know where else to go as we were passing through and were parked in their lot with our RV. That is another whole story of aggravation. Back to the restaurant. Finally his order came and he took a bite. Not a bean burger but a hamburger. So the orders were wrong and we had waited forever. With all the stuff that happened to our RV too we just left even though it was late and needed to find another place for the night. And, the casino paid nothing. I finally got a bonus and it paid $2. I reccomend no one ever go here. I would give it a zero!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple