“Closet to Americinn”
Review of Spirits Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Spirits Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed 2 February 2016

At 9:00 PM this eatery was quiet. A few locals with family is always a good sign. The spagetti was good, and a very large portion, but the meatballs, though excellent, could have been heated a little longer. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

We were staying at the motel nearby and needed some dinner. When we drove up we noticed that the sign out front could use some help as some letters were worn and missing. There were a few people on both the restaurant and bar sections. We decided on the bar side and sat at a tall table. We ordered a couple beers. They didn't have the one I wanted so I tried the one the waitress recommended. When she asked how I liked it I said it was good but not very cold. It was a bottle of Shock Top lemon shandy, the cooler could be colder. Hubby's was a nice and cold tap selection. We had good food, chicken strips and a burger. By the time we left there was no one else in the place. Maybe that sign makes people think they're not open? We decided to have breakfast the next morning and again the place was almost empty. We enjoyed our food, eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy. Very large portions. We left very full. I would stop in again. Hopefully they are still open.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

Just had some fries and a beer for a snack. They have a multi-purpose menu and the prices are reasonable. Just a very short walk from the hotel.

3  Thank Julie G
jara419, Public Relations Manager at Spirits Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Thanks for stopping by!

Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

Went in for burger night. The food came out one plate at a time- for 4 people over 45 minutes. In for about 90 min. Staring at everyone else eat was awkward to say the least. Could hear staff sweating at each other. The wrong food came out three times- entirely wrong meal. Everything was sticky and no one seamed to care about anything. A failing business. Not returning.

6  Thank JackieMN1006
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were staying at Black bear and wanted to go to the steak house ..we were told almost a 2 hour wait so decided to go here..it is not at same lever as the Casino's steak house but is an affordable roadside diner My brother in law and I each had prime rib that was nicely seasoned and tender if OVERDONE for me ( the rare was more like Medium) ..I just considered it a steak and was happy he asked for his medium and it was only a bit more done than mine..they did make good basic drinks ( gin & tonic, Rum & coke, Gimlet)the salad was basic but good, the hashbrowns I had were very good my wife raved about her meatloaf sandwich and her sister loved the burger said it was well done with a nice grill crust on it the service was fine if informal.

3  Thank MinnScooter