Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$97
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$84
Booking.comUS$97
Hotels.comUS$84
Lol.travelUS$106
4,079 results
All reviews courtyard bar afternoon tea old church evening meal refurbished room peak district three course meal self service leisure facilities lovely grounds groupon deal sauna and steam room birthday treat food was lovely relaxing break sunday lunch my mum
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

We were here for 5days over Christmas
The hotel itself is very well decorated and is in very large grounds
It’s a bit of a rabbit Warren lots of corridors and flights of stairs to contend with.
Our room was ok clean and well decorated with air conditioning
but we didn’t use it due to Corona Virus
The food in general was very good,however the service was something to be desired
The staff had no idea how to run a restaurant,coffee would come with no cups,meals without cutlery,waiters carrying plates of food but didn’t know who it was for.
We ordered our evening meal at 6.50 starter arrived ok next course arrived at 7.40 ,deserts never came so we left.
This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel but with 2 star service!

2  Thank chris g
Tim Hudspith, Marketing at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Apologies for any disappointment during your stay with us chris g

It is the first we have heard of any service issues during the festive period, but your comments will obviously be passed on to our Operations team for review and action

We wish you all the best for the new year

Many thanks

Reviewed 28 December 2020

Memorable visit to the spa in December. We were looked after royally by Stuart. The new infinity pool is out of this world, combined with fully refurbished facilities and fantastic value for money treatments. I can’t wait to return in 2021...highly recommended Hotel & Spa!

Thank you for the review Robstout500,

We'll pass on your thnaks to Stuart for his warm welcome and we're thrilled to read your comments regarding our refurbished spa. It's proved a huge success upon re-opening and we look forward to welcoming more happy visitors when lockdown is eased.

Best wishes for 2021

Reviewed 25 December 2020

Nice big posh old castle inside very big posh nice food nice race rooms gym swimming pool all golf out side big nice view Summer best time highly recommended food very Nice clean rooms clean all inside beds all 10/10

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MarkAshy74

Many thanks for the review MarkAshy74,

Great comments & we wish you a happy new year

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

Where do I start this this review. I was bought a full price nights stay with 3 course meal 2 spar treatments and use of the leisure facilities as an anniversary and birthday present from family. We tried to book it in twice but every time we we were told as we wanted to book at the weekend they were fully booked due to weddings.
Sadly then covid happened. The service since then has been shocking with them refusing a refund and refusing to extend the offer until a time when we feel it is safe to us to be around people in close proximity for treatments.
We have been isolating as I am caring for my parents and I have had to have hospital treatment.
On top of this everytine I call to speak to them I get put on hold for 40mins only to be cut off. There is just no way of speaking to anyone.
I will not be using them again and I will not recommend them.

3  Thank Topcat2012

Good morning Topcat2012,

If you are struggling to get hold of the team, please email reservations@shrigleyhallhotelandspa.co.uk

Many thanks and best wishes for 2021

Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

Extremely poor customer service.
I was charged for a room booking when I had official confirmation from the reservations team that it had all been cancelled. They eventually admitted fault , but I now have to wait upto 5 days for a refund that was their own mistake.

Not received one apology and tried to speak to management to express my concern , however I was told they were ‘too busy’ to speak or call me back.

I’ll think twice now about recommending or visiting in the future .

2  Thank k8tsmith
Tim Hudspith, Marketing at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Good morning k8tsmith,

This was a genuine error and has been rectified. The Reservations team have obviously been incredibly busy over the past few weeks and mistakes do occur, which we apologise for. This is not an excuse, but it is a shame that you headed to Trip Advisor and reviewed us, without actually staying at the hotel. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future and am sure that you will have a very pleasant stay with us.

KInd regards,