See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I can not believe that this motel is allowed to even be open. I paid for 7 nights from Wednesday 18 to Wednesday 25 589.12 dollars for 1 adult smoking and a fridge. Check in was 3:00 pm and my son and I arrived at 3:30 pm. Upon arrival we notice a SUV pull up in front and what surley looked like a drug deal for the man waiting went up to the SUV and they exchanged money for a packet. The SUV drove off and the man immediately more or less ran back into the motel and mind you this is right in main doors of lobby ware staff and all can see.I fluffed it off as Owell. Because the motel from the outside does not look bad.Next we go in and I told them I reserved a 1 adult smoking and fridge for 7 nights online. They informed me that they had no rooms cleaned yet and if i could come back in a half hour. So my son and i went and did some arends and even gave them a hour to get my room ready.So we once again go to check in and they give me room 107 which the whole first floor is NO SMOKING I asked why i was being put in a NO SMOKING room and they said they ones on second floor were not cleaned and they would put me in one the next day. I proceeded to 107 to find a smell that would gag anyone the smell was like a moist smoked cellar my son and i said that this was not acceptable even the staff could not handle it. So a staff member grab the maintenance man because of the smell and his solution was to spray the lemon scented dust cleaning spray they use all over the curtains floor walls bed. Oh buy the way half of the window was covered by a piece of plywood. upon entering the room my son almost slipped and fell from the spray he sprayed and my eyes were burning and my throat and i said are you kidding me so the staff again said could you come back in a half hour we will get a room on second floor smoking cleaned for you and i said i thought that's what you were doing the first time we left. So my son and i leave again only this time for over an hour we get back and because i am staying for 7 nights i brought my desktop gaming computer and my 1000 watt ebike. Only to find that there elevator is out of order. so no help from staff I carry everything to room 205 and to find a very poorly job of getting ready and i also noticed that there was a plunger in the bathroom and by this time my son was 1 hour late to pick up his 10 month old son and we both were frustrated and i just wanted to relax.Now after setting up my 3000.00 computer and situating my 2800.00 ebike and i was very hungry so went to the lobby and asked where i could get something to eat without walking to far the response was noware. so i went back to my room a noticed that the whole second floor smelt like some high grade marijuana. So seeing there was no elevator and i did want to carry my heavy ebike down two flights of stairs i went online to order i picked davanis so i call place my order and once i give them the address and told them ware i was they said they do not deliver to motel and good luck finding one that will.so after calls upon call i end up with papa johns.Day one: i get up and go to the bathroom and I find out what the plunger is for it took me 2 hours to finally get the toilet working again And you may ask why i didn't call the desk after reading the reviews on line for this motel and seeing the thousands of dollars worth of my things i didn't even want them to come in my room. also in the reviews i noticed that there is a number of people that reserved smoking rooms and when they arrived they gave them smoking rooms and then said they were smoking and kicked them out with no refund so i assumed that's what they were trying to do to me say i was smoking and keep my 589.12. So i dealt with the toilet Thursday Friday Saturday I put a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN and put it in the key slot and each day they tried coming in my room thinking i was gone.Sunday my air conditioning went out by 12 noon it was 90 degrees in my room so i had no choice but to go down and tell them. Once again i get the maintenance guy that sprayed the room 107 the non smoking room they tried to put me in on my arrival. He comes in looks at my bike sees my computer and then turns the thermostat down to 50 and says that they freeze up sometimes and that will fix it. am like i tried that already and i used to install furnaces and air conditioning but wht ever. So later that night with continued complaints that the air does not work and the fact that it is now night time and it cooler outside than in my room i open the window only to find that there are no screens. I could not take the heat anymore so i tried to cool the room off but the bugs invaded me.So Monday mourning they call my room and want the same MR. Wizard maintenance man come to my room and i just finally went to sleep at around 6am from the hot room and asked them later i was in no mood to deal with this rocket scientist. so i get go down around 10:30 he busy and its like they acted i did something wrong and it is now 90 degrees in my room it's cooler outside so the maintenance man finally comes to my room with a power drill and doesn't have a plain screwdriver and asks me for one of course i don't i didn't bring my tool belt with me.anyway he comes back opens the air conditioning furnace panel and put a furnace filter in. I said what is that going to do it had no filter in it to begin with what the heck is putting one in going to do the air conditioner is out of freon and needs to be charged. He tells me motel 6 put him threw training and he knows what he is doing . So i wait for another 4 hrs only getting hotter in my room i go back down and said i need a new room i am paying almost 90.00 a day and for me not to have air conditioning and if the refrigerator is the only difference why not just pick up the portable fridge and move it to another room with me and they said that the only difference was the fridge but it did not register in there brains yet. that that is all they had to do. for me not to have air conditioning the girl at the desk told me to go buy a fan and i said i already did. so hours later they call my room and said if i wanted a new room to carry all my stuff to the lobby and i said what room are you moving me to it makes no sense to carry all my things to the lobby down flights of stairs because your elevator does not work only to carry it all back up. She said in a very rude and smart mouth that's what i had to do if i wanted a new room so i said fine. I started to disconnect my computer and pack my close and the phone rings and its smart mouth saying that i was moving to 204 right across the hall. This is what i get out of this she thought i would just say no and stay in that hot room because she figured i would not carry all my things down to the lobby. There were many other issues but i am just tired of reliving this 7 day nightmare My advice to all stay away from this motel spend the extra 20.00 30.00 dollars to get a good motel there is nothing at this motel for any respectable person. The place is disgusting the staff are rude and my guess is they are this way because this motel has turned into a run down establishment and they are tired of dealing with the customers they now get. This is not the workers fault it is the managers fault

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Minneapolis- Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Ristywrist, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I would love to give this hotel and its manager a less than a one star. It does not deserve any. We arrived to this hotel after purchasing the room online using hotels. com. I am a gold star member and i book rooms for my company using this app. We have booked over 200 rooms this last year using the app and have no complaints about hotels until we stayed here.

I was traveling with my girl friend to pick up her sister who was mugged, and ended up spending a week in the hospital in Florida. She lots everything she had in the assault. She didnt have any credit cards or id and was unable to get a return flight home.

We traveled 12 hours the day we stayed at this horrible hotel. We checked in late at night because we couldnt go any further because it was blizzarding outside. I paid for the hotel and went inside to check in while my girl friends sister at a cigarette.

We looked past the sketchy people in the lobby that appeared to friends with the manager Tremain. After we checked in we parked and went outside to get our stuff and park the car. We made it to the room and then security knocked on the door. Apparently they have a policy that everyone has to register. I explained to Tremain that she didnt have a wallet and explained it was stolen. He said he didnt care and told us we had to leave. We were threatened with having the cops called and even offered to place a deposit on the room. He told me to leave and I called hotels.com and they called and were given the same rude message. Hotels.com refunded my money and even booked me a room at a better hotel.

Tremain is a real loser and its unfortunate that this place employes this type of person. I would not recommend anyone give them a chance. From the reviews I have just read , its clear this is not a good place. This guy doesnt belong in customer service. Should probably stick to a job that allows him to hide in the back.

I would not recommend this place. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid this at all costs
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis- Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

James, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The staff was courteous, but the room itself was awful. The beds were disgusting - the sheets had stains, the comforters had cigarette burns, and there was dirt crammed in every corner. The floors were sticky. My skin is crawling just thinking about being back in the room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis- Brooklyn Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Steve, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I g there were spots on the top comforter. Nasty! There was also cricket in the room.?????? Also the floor was sticky uuggg! Never again I should have ask for my money back. I reported it the next morning and all she could say was well did u open the window. I said it wS there when we got in the room. Iam sorry about that man I will make a note of it.
Like I said no more motel 6.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I will stay at a cheaper hotel, but not when my kids are with except on this one occassion i didnt have much of a choice. I looked online and saw 2 sets of pics of the rooms. The old outdated kind of motel 6 room, then a newly remodeled room. They were pics from reviewers so i didnt know if it was the location i was at or another. I thought for sure the rooms would be outdated, smelly, and loud neighbors. To my surprise the were very clean, completely updated, and it was pretty quiet. I must say i was rather impressed. Good work

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family