All reviews evening reception complimentary happy hour made to order omelets complimentary breakfast managers reception breakfast was amazing pretzels extra towels spring break living room rooms are spacious excellent stay business trip would highly recommend this hotel definitely stay here again great place to stay fresh fruit
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Dirty room, not well maintained either. Good location. Staff was hit or miss. Will try not to stay here again. Pool had zero supervision or cameras and there were kids with no adults being very wild and dangerous. Not a nice environment for bringing a toddler to.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. I'm truly sorry to read about your stay and hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for falling short of basic expectations. Please don't "try not to stay here again" but rather, call me to discuss your experience in more detail. The only good thing about your bad experience is the opportunity for us to make it right for you. I really do look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The staff was friendly, fast and extremely helpful. Rooms were clean and ready early. Has the best continental breakfast of any standard hotel I’ve ever stayed in; made to order orders were included. Would defiantly stay there again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hi Michele - Thank you for taking the time to review our Embassy Suites Bloomington. We're always thrilled when our guests give us kudos for the things that matter most; service, cleanliness and our breakfast buffet. Of course, your intent to return is the most valuable compliment we can possibly receive and we look forward to having you back in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here many times for business conferences. I knew the hotel needed some TLC, but it has gotten so bad! This stay (it's been 24 hours) I'm in what seems like was or is a smoking room which is annoying. Smells like stale smoke that's trying to be covered up. The shower curtain is broke so there's water all over the floor, and there's glitter all over the phone. That's gross!! I saw the glitter all over the phone when I called down to tell them that my room was not cleaned or serviced today. Ridiculous!! Housekeeping stopped by but I was in my room, said I was leaving in a few minutes. They obviously never came back. Not to be nit picky but the other things I observed were : scratches on walls and furniture, the ice bucket is functioning but broken, and the remote broken (probably just needing batteries).
I'll just say I'm glad for the loud air conditioner- my work colleuge was here in August when the air conditioner broke and his room was in the mid 80s for several days.
I'll be giving feedback to the conference I'm attending and hoping they reconsider where they hold these events.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Greetings and thank you for your recent review about your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I sincerely apologize for the issues you described. I hope you'll accept my apologies and trust that we can do better, much better. I also welcome you to call me directly to discuss your satisfaction in more detail. I greatly appreciate all reviews however one like yours warrants a little more than a simple response through social media. Thanks again for communicating your experience and I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Rooms are dated, the walls are thin, and the HVAC didn’t work the best. The breakfast and evening reception were great. Very good setup and operation. Atrium was recently renovated which helps. Pool was great for the kids. No Hilton Honors recognition or Diamond benefits upon check-in, had to ask.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jim S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Greetings and thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry to read about your stay and hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies for the guest suite you described.

When you read my reply, please double check to see that you reviewed the right Embassy Suites. Based on your description, I'm concerned that you may have intended on reviewing the Embassy Suites near the airport and mall. They recently renovated their atrium but have yet to renovate their suites. More convincingly, our suites have been renovated and also have 'block' walls making them very thick and much quieter.

Either way, please consider calling me directly to discuss your stay. I look forward to the opportunity to make it right and regain your confidence in our brand. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed a night for a business trip with others in our party. The hotel is in a great location for travel to/from airport and to/from the Mall of America ; and was nicely surprised that both are supported by the hotel's shuttle service. The accommodations were great as well. Rooms and the overall facility were well maintained and clean. I have to say breakfast was top notch; and the cook knows how to make an omelet! This is great hotel for both work and play!

• Trip type: Travelled on business