All reviews beautiful hotel separate tub and shower stone restaurant the executive lounge direct access night light self park luxury hotel lobby bar fitness center room key room service walk in shower little things close to the airport twin cities blue line
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I travel a lot for my work and I can easily say this was one of the best stays ever. The hotel is immaculate and the design did not leave any details out. The staff was really friendly and super accommodating! A special shout out to Lisa at the Front Desk and Victoria in the Executive Lounge. It was apparent that they love their jobs and are good at what they do. Thank you for making my stay so memorable!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I would rate this as one of the best experiences staying at any hotel. The service was outstanding, the common space and rooms were beautifully decorated. Rooms are spacious, modern, very clean. We didn't even have to look for an ice machine as they bring it right to your room with a phone call. The only thing I would watch out for is the on-site parking...$15 per day, which is not bad, but we were there 26 hours and got clipped $30, two days. Other than that a great valentine/birthday weekend!!

Room Tip: Parking is a little steep at $15 per day, rooms on north side provide beautiful view of the airport and downtown Minneapolis.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2016

There isn't anything about this JW Marriott that won't be improved by a few more months of seasoning. The property is well built and very comfortable but they are still working on fixing minor items as the rooms get their initial use.
Like other JW's the Beds are wonderful and the rooms and public areas are nicely decorated.
My wife and I took advantage of a deal to stay in the hotel over the Valentines day weekend - the hotel was at 80% capacity but the staff seemed to handle it pretty well. The front desk seemed to be consistently busy but never got frantic.
I was a little concerned that the rooms would be loud but despite the closeness of the airport we slept with no problems.
Hotel restaurant, Cedar and Stone, was good - reviewed separately

Room Tip: City side rooms have views of Minneapolis but have the airport in the way - the other side will look over the mall
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I paid ~$160 to stay here for Valentine's Day.

The good - brand new and it looks like it. Top notch. The staff was also INCREDIBLE. Like a 5-star hotel, helpful without being intrusive. They either really love their job or do an amazing job of faking it.

The restaurant was also 5-star quality. Not cheap, but worth the money.

In the middle of the night there was a couple that made were making some noise after 2am (bar close probably). We called the front desk, they took care if it quickly, and apologized and waived our valet parking charges. Loud neighbors can happen anywhere, so I don't fault the hotel a bit. They handled it awesome.

The bad - none, really.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

We had just gotten married the week before, and decided to do a "mini-moon" shopping staycation to spend some of the gift cards we received. I'm a platinum rewards member, and I used points for this stay.

We are checked in by Beth (Elizabeth) and she was wonderfully helpful and pleasant. She knew why we were coming, and remembered us personally at checkout. First class service.

The room was filled with excellent amenities and much more than I am accustomed to in a hotel room. I travel nearly every week for work, and this was by far one of the best accommodations I have seen. A+

The concierge lounge was great, but the service seemed a bit slow. At breakfast, the bacon was empty until right before we got up to leave. The late night dessert was very scant - two berry strudel-looking dishes sitting out with other empty containers, and dishes and flatware were not always stocked. I found the drawer the silverware was stored in, and that saved me 2x while coming to the lounge. I'm being nitpicky here, because the lounge really was wonderful, and the amenities were spectacular.

My only other piece of advice world be to make signs on Lindau on where the check in/front desk is. If they are already there, I missed them. My GPS had me parked across the street on the IKEA side, and when I entered the mall, I was at the entrance to the hotel's restaurant - not check in. This could be clarified with signs.

All in all, wonderful stay with first class amenities and service. I'm not sure if it was the shopping spree or hotel (probably both), but my wife is begging me to book the JW again for another round!

Thank you!