All reviews sitting area shuttle service rooms are large two double beds light rail oatmeal free breakfast donuts would stay here again pull out couch mini fridge free shuttle one night stay convenient location the breakfast area front desk staff coffee maker
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I stayed at this hotel for one night between events while traveling for business. It was a last minute decision (because of Hurricane Florence on the East Coast) and the hotel served my needs well - but it's not a hotel I'd highly recommend. Furnishings and decor are tired - clearly Hyatt needs to schedule this one for a refresh.

I liked that it was close to the mall, Ikea and the airport and I took the L into downtown, thanks to help from friendly staff. They also offer a shuttle back and forth to the mall, which is super convenient.

As with most Hyatt's, the beds are great and hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

If you go, be sure to tell your taxi (or Uber) driver that you're staying at the Hyatt Place near the airport. My driver tried to take me downtown and then to the other (newer) Hyatt near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Mike F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

JuliaRosien,

Thank you for your stay and we appreciate the feedback. We are glad you found our location on the light rail to be convenient to downtown and our shuttle to MSP and the Mall of America convenient as well. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Twin Cities.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Stayed here the night before an early mronig flight. I've stayed here for this purpose before and found it to be very convenient. The rooms are large and comfortable - a good value for the price. I was on the first floor this time but had no problem with noise above me or in the halls. I will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Mike F, Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Pamela B,

We appreciate your business and thank you for the nice review. We hope you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to the Twin Cities!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Average room. Cleanliness not superior. Lipstick on bed pillowcase - stain or left over from previous guest? Unsure, but didn't make me feel confident that the room was properly cleaned. Also, mattress platform is fabric, which is dirty and worn.Staff was pleasant enough, but not overly welcoming. Shuttle transportation, while timely, was a bit scary. Aggressive drivers who tailgate and don't always stay in their own lanes - yikes!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

joijaic,

We apologize for some of the mistakes we made during your visit. I will be following up with housekeeping as we take pride in our room cleanliness. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll give us another try on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Have stayed here 2x this year. Close to the Mall of America, IKEA and other stores. The airport is just 10 minutes away. Hotel is located next to the freeway and you can be at the airport in no time at all. They have courtesy shuttle buses to pick you up at the airport and at the Mall of America. Complimentary breakfast was welcome as we headed out to catch a morning flight. Breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold offerings. Vy checked us in the night before. She was warm and friendly. We could tell that she cared about offering the best customer service to each and every person. We will definitely stay there again!

Stayed: September 2018

Mn2468,

Thanks for staying with us and for the wonderful review! We are glad Vy took good care of you at checkin and that you enjoyed the hotel. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Twin Cities!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I love Hyatt Place for the size of their room. This one was even larger than other Hyatt Place's we've stayed in. It's so nice to sit on the sectional and relax, rather than on the bed. Beds were comfortable, and the room and bathroom were clean. I did not give 5 stars because the breakfast was not the best. It was a busy time, but there shouldn't be 3 empty coffee urns! And no forks, and dishes wet from the dishwasher. Not the biggest selection either - no muffins or pastry beyond grocery store quality donuts. I also was surprised at the noise level. I have stayed at other airport hotels that apparently had better windows. At 7:00 a.m. when the flights became more frequent there was no way I could sleep any more.

chewpei,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I apologize that you didn't have a perfect stay, we will look at the problems you mentioned and work to correct those.