“Great food, poor service”

Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 242 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Osaka Seafood Steakhouse, you will enjoy our unique cuisine and friendly atmosphere. We serve only the freshest, highest quality food. For an unforgettable, entertaining dining experience, sit at our hibachi grill and see our teppanyaki chefs put on a show for the entire family.
Reviewed 19 October 2014

As another reviewer has mentioned, we should have sat in the sushi bar area so we would have had better service. We were seated in the very back booth. The initial server brought our water, wine, took our order, delivered it, and we never saw him again. Interesting that the booth next to ours and across from ours had great service, but we had to flag down a server to get our check. Had we had better service, they could have sold us another glass of wine. To add insult to injury, there was not even an apology. This was my fourth time here, and will likely be my last. The food is great; Nicely prepared and nice presentation. However, this place is more like a self serve deli than a restaurant. Needless to say, there was no tip this trip.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Seated very quickly during lunch. We chose to sit in the sushi bar area because service is better. Each time we have sat in the normal booths, the service is painfully slow, no joke, its crazy. When we sit in bar area, its great. Sushi was delicious as it always has been. Sushi chefs are generally friendly.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I can say that I had a great time here with my coworkers. The food was amazing and the entertainment wasn't bad either.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I purchased a Groupon and have attempted to use it twice and have been unable due to different reasons, one being my own fault for not reading the fine print. I have been going to Osaka since they have been MN and have always been very impressed. I purchased a Groupon as we tend to eat here at least 5 times a year. I visited the Bloomington Osaka this evening and the service was not up to par from what we are used to. After seating us at the hibachi table we waited almost 30 minutes for the chef to arrive and begin cooking. He was amazing! Fun, funny and apologetic for having us wait. The server never came by to address the fact we would be waiting for 30 minutes. She came around only once to offer drink refills. When the bills arrived I showed the server my Groupon and immediately she shook her hands and said, "no no can't use it." No explanation, no offer to get the manager. That was it. We paid and left in shock. Not going back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went to Osaka on my 56th birthday with my family total of 6 people. We're seated right away the server was friendly and took our order right away. The chef was very entertaining and did a good job. But to get to why you go to a place like this is the food and entertainment. The food portions were huge couldn't even come close to eating it all and I weight over 300 pounds. The reason I gave this 3 stars was the bland food very average at best. Drinks and food with coupon 190.00 bucks 3 shots of tequila 24.00 bucks wow.