All reviews hand held european design shower wand jimmy johns european breakfast large exercise room laminate flooring the lobby bar area loyal marriott public areas of the hotel rain style rain shower complimentary bottles of water usb ports breakfast server luggage stand walking distance
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a hotel to stay near everything and easy access, a friend recommended this hotel. It was a great find, clean, friendly staff and beautiful rooms. It looks like it got a brand new renovation, beautiful lobby and restaurant area. Once is never enough, will be coming back.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shane C, General Manager at AC Hotel Bloomington Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dreantonio,
Thank you for the review of our hotel, we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. I am so happy that you enjoyed the stay at our brand new property!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Great staff that is friendly and very accommodating.The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very modern as well as clean. I have had the best service staying here then anywhere else. I will be staying here again!

Gavin_W4,
Thank you for the fantastic rating. We love hearing that we accomplished our goal of providing the "best service". We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Nice clean rooms . Was a little worried walking down the hallway it was dark and gloomy . Upon entering the room it was very nice and bright . If have have every stayed in a European style hotel and like it you will really enjoy this one . Bathroom was nice and big with a walk in shower that was a nice touch. The flooring in the room is tile NO carpet this is nice walking around in your bare feet compared to the carpets in the hotels . Nice work space . Nice size TV fixed to the wall so that dose make it a little hard to view if your watching and trying to work at the same time .
The only negative thing was the bar getting a couple of beers to take up to the room I was told they would have to be open in the bar . Who wants to drive a beer an later that has been open .
Staff was nice and friendly . Will stay here again if in the area .

SN1960,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy that you enjoyed the stay. The wood floors are one of our favorite parts of the room as well! We understand your concern about having to open the beer at the bar, however it is one of the requirements of our license to sell alcohol. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

There had been a lot of positive written so let me point out the negatives first. An opaque style barn door is not a bathroom door. If your traveling with friends don't expect any privacy. This style of door on a room used for privacy is stupid. Just cuz they do it on TV doesn't mean it should be done.

The couch is marginally functional. The back is so low it is very uncomfortable unless your a hobbit. No offense to hobbits.

The chair at the wall mounted workspace is straight and designed for a waiting room. If your trying to work you won't last long. And based on above the couch isn't an option.

Also take note there is a master power switch at the door. After spending 5 minutes trying to turn on a light I found this stupid switch by the door. I don't get it. If it's to save power, which it doesn't, why leave the TV on with ads. If it's safety then are you saying the electrical is unsafe. One of those things they do in Europe that doesn't apply here in the US. Another stupid idea. It just confuses people and gives them something to write about on trip report.

I found the round ball soap interesting. It does what balls do, roll away.

Up side is staff was wonderful, room very clean, lots of power outlets and the bed, being new, was great.

And did I say lots of power outlets.

I added some photos to make my points.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Shane C, General Manager at AC Hotel Bloomington Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Mirgons,
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the AC Hotel Bloomington Mall of America. I am happy that you found our staff to be wonderful, room clean and plenty of power outlets. I wanted to respond to a couple of your concerns, one being the master power switch, this switch is required by code, it saves energy and time for guests by a simple flip of this switch all hard wired lights in the room will turn off when you exit the room. Regarding the TV's being left on, they actually are not left on, yet our system turns the television on when you check in at the front desk, the display on the television welcomes you to the room by name and includes the guest directory on the television, eliminating the need for paper products that clutter the room and again an environmentally conscious effort. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy some of the style of the rooms, as it is a very European brand and models the AC Hotels that you will find across Spain, Italy, France and Portugal. I understand this style is not for everyone, exactly the reason why Marriott has 30 different brands, at least one that fits the preferences of every traveler. Again, thank you for your feedback and safe travels to you.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I've traveled extensively both for work and play while staying at some of the top hotels in the world including Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Fairmont and more. Service at these hotel chains has always been excellent but my stay at the AC Marriot has been truly exceptional. I encountered an issue right off the bat when attempting to enter my room as the electronic lock on my room door had an issue and would not allow entrance. They immediately gave me a new room and promised to transfer me back to my original room in the morning. They followed through as promised and made things right for the trouble. On top of that the hotel is brand new and everything reflects that including excellent service. The room itself has a huge flat screen Samsung with streaming options, super comfortable bed, Rainfall Shower and smartly placed outlets. If you're seeking an excellent value with prime location, convenient parking and tremendous service- this is your place. Beats the Rad Blu and JW Marriot on value hands down.

Dear Mark61217,
Wow. Just, Wow, thank you for this tremendous review and testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff at our hotel. We could not be more honored by your comments and ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.