“Very Nice!”

Camp 61 Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

After having a negative “being openly ignored” experience at Lemon Wolf, we went to Camp 61 for a late lunch and was very pleased with experience and food! We both had the Lake Superior Fish & Chips with a couple beers and left extremely satisfied. Service was friendly and efficient, food and local beer was really good, so we couldn’t have been happier! Thank you for doing it right, Camp 61. :-)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We visited on a busy Saturday, but service was great, and the food was very good! Their Bloody Mary was very good too.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We all enjoyed our meals. I had a French dip sandwich and it was delicious. The seasoning was just right for me. We had very fast and efficient service. We will return!

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Camp 61 at 1:20 pm on a Monday afternoon. At that time of day on a Monday, you wouldn't think there would be a line of 3 parties waiting for a table. After a few minutes, one server acknowledged all of us waiting to be seated and casually said, "I'll be with you in a few minutes." There were empty tables so maybe he was a one-man-show. But it was obvious this wasn't going to be a quick lunch stop. We, and the couple in front of us, decided to go elsewhere. Oh, and one other red flag, a black lab was roaming the place - the owner's pet? Is that even "food safe" legal?

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were just driving through during lunch time. Asked a local where we should eat, and Camp 61 was the recommendation. Herring was the special. I asked the staff what I should expect and my fears were allayed. Fried lake herring is clearly someone who doesn't like "fishy" fish should try. It was too mild for my taste, however, it was well prepared so I have no complaints. My partner had the pulled pork and she was pleased. Prices are typical for north shore. I'd recommend.