“Decor is superb.”

Ranked #173 of 227 Restaurants in Southland Region
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Legendary Food with fantastic service and an atmosphere you can taste. Lone Star Invercargill has been serving Southlanders and people from around the world for almost 20 years. Some of our legendary dishes include our famous Dixie Chicken, Johnny Cash Stash, Lasoo of Hog and mouthwatering Redneck Ribs. Get your Lone Star fix today!!
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Located along Dee Street, a bit of a walk from the centre of town on a cold wet evening I endured the elements as really needed alternative dinning choices so decided on Lone Star. Having eaten at most Lone Star restaurants throughout the country I always find it interesting on each individual take of their theme – all quite different. Yes, that’s inviting and don’t mind that at all. The Invercargill Lone Star certainly surpasses the rest with decor – very well presented and unique.
Food-wise unfortunately nothing has changed – sort of hit myself as what was I thinking, there is no difference in the usual fare on offer, expensive meal of coleslaw chips and average cut of steak. The mushroom sauce was too thick and ‘floury’ in taste. The sautéed onions didn’t go well with the mushroom sauce dolloped on top. Actually I did not enjoy. Ordering a flat white after the meal was cleared away I waited and waited until it arrived and it was just about cold. Obviously been sitting made for a while with no waitress to deliver until another person (I guess from the kitchen) decided to serve it to me. This restaurant is busy with a good crowd of diners by the time I left. So the menu and venue is obviously meeting local expectations yet for my dollar I would expect more.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Lone star is well known for its great food and service, Invercargill lacked both, party of 10 so of course a couple of meals were going to be the same, one steak had so much gristle in it the steak was ruined. Sauce was cold on 3 dishes but hot on 2 others the same with the chips, 2 hot serves 3 cold ones. Sides arrived well before the mains, and when asked which meal was gluten free the waiter couldn't tell us and took meals back to the kitchen. 5 deserts all arrived at different times. And the kids were left waiting while us adults ate ours. Still waiting for our water for the table to arrive.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is a chain bar/restaurant and constantly produces a good family or casual dining experience. The service is really casual but prompt, friendly and efficient. The meals are tasty and large so order the medium size unless you can eat two chicken breasts. Mains range from around $28 to $38 and there are always specials and as always great desserts.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Went to the Lone Star for family meal and the meal was excellent and the service from Matt was brilliant, the service of the meal was good as we didn't have to wait too long even though the restaurant was reasonably busy, the only issue I found was the seating. They would have to be the most uncomfortable seats I have ever found in a restaurant which is not very nice when you are there for any length of time.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We went to this Restaurant because we had a good meal in the Christchurch branch.
The meals we had, turned out to be as good and the staff as friendly.