“Pick somewhere else”

Woody's
Ranked #28 of 136 Restaurants in Wyoming
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 April 2016

We had a party of 4--- the food for all of us was terrible. It had obviously sat in the window and was served to us cold. We also suspected our server had forgotten about us as it took almost 30 minutes to get our meals (and there were only 3 meals as one of us didn't even order). The area was cluttered and the Happy Hour nacho bar looked disgusting and appeared to not have been freshened up at all - And there were broken chips all over the floor surrounding the nacho bar. When we asked about the manager - not available. The only positive was happy hour drink prices 'til 7:00.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

I love coming here to eat. The food is unique and well prepared. The service is personable and friendly. They are very comfortable with you lingering over your meal and talking with colleagues or friends. It is a bowling alley, a diamond in the rough.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Not very busy. Service should be fast, but its slow. My order was messed up......(they were only chili dogs).....and ut took 20 minutes. They make it impossible to get keno tickets cashed. Good food. Bad service.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Woody’s Sports Bar
Karaoke Wed 9PM

FOOD: Both of us remember ten years back how good Woody’s food tasted and looked forward to a good evening food and music wise. I ordered the pizza. It was okay but you would want to try something else next time. Later I ordered something more from the appetizer menu-like chicken tenders. There was a lot of food in that basket. Large pieces of chicken breast with batter, but it was grilled not deep fried. They looked real good color-wise. It left me wondering if deep frying would have brought this up to what chicken tenders taste like at other places.

KARAOKE: The KJ (Karaoke Jockey) had lots of speakers and two subs that put out serious low end due to being up against two narrow walls. With dim lighting the stack was almost unnoticeable visibly. Also unnoticeable was the singer by half the audience due to being set back from the dance floor. The 9PM program started with an intelligibility problem-no mids and no highs. I told the KJ about it. He made two adjustments an all was well. There were video screens shoulder to shoulder everywhere in the bar area but not one was utilized for the karaoke words. The KJ did not provide one for the audience either. The sound was good and if you paid attention you could understand most words without the screen.

There were a total of 8 singers. The KJ did not sing. The rotation would have been somewhat quick except for it is mid December and the bumper (in-between) music was Christmas themed.
H-e p-l-a-y-e-d t-h-e w-h-o-l-e s-o-n-g w-h-i-l-e w-e w-e--re w-a-i-t-i-n-g t-o s-i--n-g.
Sometimes he would announce who was next and other times I’d have to walk up and ask. My buddy and I went from following each other; and then we were spaced 2-3 apart, and then my buddy was DROPPED. I asked why he was dropped in the last round. “He’s up next”. But he didn’t get called up last round. “Hey, I’m doing things up here, being handed slips that you have no knowledge of”. ( It is a fact that owners and managers expect to have their person sing next or else! The KJ always takes the hit by those singing in rotation) My buddy refused to sing anymore at that point so I had to pay up and leave too.

It would take very little to make this The SW spot for Karaoke. There exists The NW spot and The SE spot. I’ll come back, alone, in a year, and do another evaluation. It would be nice to have a regular place only two miles from home.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Fantastic place to eat and watch live bands on the weekend. I don't drink so I cant say how the drinks are but the food and ambiance is prefect!

Thank singingscotty20... .