“A Polish Secret in Wyandotte”
Review of Polonus Restaurant

Polonus Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Cuisines: American, Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2016

This was our first trip to Polonus and we were quite pleased with the offerings on the menu and then the quality of the food when it was served. I selected an item called "City (2) Cabbage (1)" and my wife had two sides , pierogis and potato pancakes. My dinner consisted of one stuffed cabbage and 2 pieces of city chicken with coleslaw, dumplings and kraut. It was all delicious. My wife would not share even one bite of her food and said that we must come back here again because I let her taste my dumplings and she wants more of them along with her potato pancakes and pierogis. The service was good and the wait for our food was not long. Next time I am going to try the Polonus Polish hamburger, which is a mixture of beef and pork and seasonings. Obviously I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Lots of Polish dishes to choose from. I had the 1 stuffed cabbage and 2 pierogi lunch entree. I ordered the beets and the polish dumplings(like gnocchi) with the meal. No salad or soup came with the entree which was about $10. The stuffed cabbage was good but not to big - beef and rice - with tomato sauce. Tasty. I had cheese pierogi which I thought were too sweet - needed a lot less sugar and a little more salt. I love beets but these were also way too sweet for me - never tasted beets so sugary - was not at all good. The dumplings were tasty - maybe beef(?) sauce on them (thank God they were not sugary!!). Rye bread basket included. Overall meal was pretty good. Service was quite fast(once they came by to take your order).

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Not the splashiest place around, but a place that you can find good authentic Polish food. The peroigies and potato pancakes were delicious. So was the kielbasa and kraut.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Love their food, such a great variety of polish entrees. The pickle & mushroom soup is awesome. If you choose the dumplings as a side, they are better fried. So they're pricey and they don't have a pierogi dinner (everyone always wants that). But I doubt the very uninvolved owner would ever make a change. There's usually one older waitress at night who actually likes to work by herself. I'm going to be honest, it's not working! Your customers are waiting way too long, almost walking out. You're just too sweet for anyone to tell you that service is suffering. Great food though!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I love this restaurant because it has authentic Polish food. If you have Polish blood running through your veins or just want to try something new, this is a place to go.