“Another good visit”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Always enjoy this place and we sat inside because of the heat and were glad. Enjoyed the Charcuterie, shrimp scallop and Italian sausage pasta. The Flirtinin's were very popular with my wife.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is a awesome place to eat outside and enjoy the water and boats , I believe the menu has changed little more pricey. The whitefish was really really good , but they can’t seem to make a expensive filet correct , wait staff very good , hostess’s I think need some training, they don’t smile or greet you with any enthusiasm at all and you ask them a question and they don’t give you an answer just skirt around it .

Reviewed 7 July 2018

On entering the restaurant and observing the view, I was impressed, and anticipated an outstanding meal. I was impressed further when I was given a menu. I ordered the New England Clam Chowder, the Calamari and the grilled Lamb Chops. The chowder was good, the Calamari never arrived, and the Grilled Lamb Chops were overcooked. The Lamb Chops were accompanied by sauteed Spinach, which were bland, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes, which were short on garlic and butter. I'll have to attribute never receiving the Calamari to service not being up to par. BEAUTIFUL VIEW, ORDINARY FOOD, not likely to return.

1  Thank Jerome G
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have been there for Brunch a few times and it is always great. The food choice is good and the service is excellent. Being on the water makes this a great atmosphere year round.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I haven't been to portofino's in some time, so we tried it last week. It is a nice establishment with a view of the river and outside seating by the water. Although it wasn't extremely busy during our visit I only witnessed a Busboy or two standing for any given time, meaning the wait staff was always moving so service was great. The menu covers a variety of pasta dishes along with sea food dishes. the Escargot was fantastic, along with the crab cakes. I also had the Pasta / Shrimp Scallop dish, The Scallops and Shrimp were very, very good - so good my wife actually ate the whole scallop and not just the top crusty part. Although the pasta sauce mix wasn't fantastic is was still a good dish. Salads were very good as well.
For anyone who frequents restaurants i would highly recommend that if you see a dish you may like - it never hurts to ask for a small sample of the sauces you may encounter with your meal. I never had a waiter or waitress tell us no.

As mentioned overall the experience - the food and the service was very good at a reasonable cost. Will definitely go again