“Bread Pudding and Fruit (flies)”

Black Rock Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Woodhaven
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

So cooking your protein on the hot rock was a new experience,and both my steak and fish were tasty enough. Their bread pudding was the largest ive ever had, and one of the better ones Ive had in years...tons of fruit flies in the restaurant prevents the 5 star rating

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018

went for dinner on a weeknight,not crowded but the server was not very concerned about our needs. he never asked if we needed another drink or came back when the kitchen substituted tomato soup for the one that was ordered. he said if I didn't like it he'd get me something else. didn't come back to check!! we both had the ribeyes. thought that for the price the meat would be top grade,but instead they were very fatty and stringy. also upgraded our sides for an order of onion rings. we got five for an EXTRA $2.50. not even large donut sized onion rings!! no bread to start the meal and in my opinion very skimpy on the rest of the meal. the atmosphere reminded me of a warehouse club with the harsh glaring lights. as for the gimmick of cooking your own steak- we found that the stone was sizzling hot but the smoke and grease splattered in our faces and clothes and hair. not a great experience for the cost.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Met for lunch with a group of friends. Had heard about it but this was the first visit. Establishment was clean. Atmosphere comfortable and upbeat. All staff friendly and attentive. Had shrimp and Ahi Tuna, seared to perfection by none other than myself right at the table. That's the unique draw of Black Rock. If there's one bit of advice I can give, it's dress light. No matter what the outside temp is, no matter what they have the AC set at...when they set that 755° slab of volcanic granite in front of you. You WILL get warm. All in all, a fun experience. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Bud K
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I knew it would be pricey but it was well worth it. Our server Jordan near the bar was AWESOME!
12oz steak was more than enough. The added mushrooms is delish. Also awesome is the appetizer crab stuffed mushrooms and pretzel bites. We also tried the bake potato (it was okay), the asparagus BUT the sweet potatoe fries were so good. Bill was high but food and service matched.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Went to celebrate a family birthday,four adults and one child. Menu was quite comprehensive with alot of choices. Steak and rib combo was more than enough food for dinner and a great lunch the next day. Seafood combo was beautiful with a nice piece of tuna to cook on the rock. The 14 oz. steak was enough for 2 people to share especially after the pretzel dip as an appetizer..... soft drink refills were plentiful. Food was good,service was a bit slow for us and we even had to go and find someone so we could pay the bill. I will go back and hope for better service. They don't accept reservations but if you call ahead you can get on a list to reduce your wait time.

Date of visit: June 2018