“Food was good but not the service”
Review of Glengary Inn

Glengary Inn
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Walled Lake
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went in with my dad for dinner. It was busy but not packed. Not sure what was wrong with our server but she was in a horrible mood. She made 2 mistakes on our food order. These things happen, no big deal for me. WOW she did not handle the situation well. She was short, and really unprofessional. Still tipped her 15%. Hope she will be in a better mood when we go back. The food was good. We had beef sliders and chicken parm sliders.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The food is amazing. The Turkey Reuben was delicious and perfectly grilled. The GI burger needs to be eaten in layers. And even better than those scrumptious delights are the double fried fries. So good we had to order a second serving of them.

The waitress was super observant. When she brought out the burger she challenged me to eat it all. When I told her most of it was for our son she brought out a takeout container. Drink refills happened automatically.

Nice atmosphere and pleasant background music. Nice pictures of the building from 70 years ago when it was new.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

You have to stop into the glengary inn and try the sliders late night. Have a few drinks and try the food. Watch tv on the big projection screen.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Finally after all the years I've lived in the area we decided to stop in. So glad we did! Christina was our waitress- she was friendly and made great recommendations on beers and food! When I mentioned we were there for my friends birthday, she brought out a delicious piece of coconut cake at the end of our meal! They have a few beers on tap including Atwater (local craft beer) which was great. Christina recommended a few things but we ended up going with nachos (made with real cheese and either chicken or beef), as well as their sliders. I had a crab cake, aReuben and a beef slider (you can order 1 or as many as you'd like) and they were al very good but my two favorites were the crab cake and Rueben. Christina said they make the corned beef in house and you could tell, it was tender and really flavorful. Nachos were enough for 2 people to share and really good as well. So glad we stopped! We will be back! My family will love this place! They also have keno and several tv's so a fun place to stop in for drinks or dinner. Only sorry I haven't stopped in sooner!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The Glengary is a surprising delight in every way. Owners, bartenders, and a waitstaff that greet regulars by name and with a hug. Really great bar food. Burgers are huge and served with a mountain of fires. Fish and chips super yummy too. Drink prices are very reasonable. It is simply a happy place with great drinks, food, and people.