“Eating out at night during a stay at a nearby Hotel”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Visited here twice during a stay at a local Hotel - during the first visit chose from the Menu and the server made us aware of a small change which would let us eat on their Combo menu which pleased us enough for us to visit again. Food was good although the first night steak was a little dry and was more medium well that medium rare (which I had asked for). The re-fillable Pepsi meant that we were not thirsty and the only slight disappointment was the lack of desert choice although that was not a problem for us and we enjoyed what we chose.

I now realise that it is fairly general but I signed on a card for the Meal and then was asked to sign again to add the tip, although they did not take the card again, which means they must have amended the origina amount or added the second amount as a second debit - not something I am very happy about as that to me is less secure than me signing once for the toatal including service …… but that seems fairly standard in Michigan!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

If you want a good meal at a fair price this is where to eat. The staff was pleasant, service was prompt and courteous, and the food was great. Portions are a good size and you wont leave hungry. Thanks to Cait for the service and making sure everything was enjoyable.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The service was good, as well as the food. We had a fairly large group with young children and had no problems - with the kids or the staff!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My son's birthday was yesterday. He wanted dinner and we chose Applebees. My son tried the chicken and shrimp dinner with potatoes and onions. My son really liked it. The service was excellent. We also had chips salsa and white cheese. And my son got his free Brownie Bite. It was a very good night.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 1:30 Sunday afternoon and the place was half empty. We were told it would be 15 to 30 minutes by hostess. I asked why she said short staffed. Once we were seated, there was no apology for the 20 minutes we waited. Once we ordered my wife got soup and an appetizer, I got Bourbon chicken & Shrimp. It took way too long to get our food, again no sorry or anything. My food was real good, my wife’s soup wasn’t very hot and her appetizer was served in a very small plate. Poor presentation.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!