All reviews hot tub mary ann lake michigan get away complimentary wine eggs benedict homemade cookies short walk to the beach wine hour dirt road winter room the past years mid week beach chairs red arrow roadhouse off season restaurants and shopping
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a B&B and I did it by myself because I needed a getaway from my busy city life. The staff was very friendly and shared tons of information about surrounding areas and things to do, eat and see (there's are some great wineries not too far). I didn't stay in the great house, but that was my choice. The property is just steps away from the beach. They offer bikes for guest to ride around and chassis to carry Dien to the beach to watch the sunset. Breakfast was great, but I would have like a longer window of time to get it (9:00 - 10:30) and in an earlybird. The property was nice and quiet, which was exactly what I needed for me. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
InnatUnionPier, Front Office Manager at Inn at Union Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Hi Lesli,

So glad you chose the Inn at Union Pier to celebrate your birthday. I hope you didn't mind us singing to you at breakfast. :) The weather and colors last weekend were so perfect. Maybe next time you could stay in one of the other buildings with a fireplace and see how it compares with the Cottage. Usually in the winter months we close the Cottage building if the other buildings are not filled. Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

It's very quaint, 3 buildings, 16 rooms total. They're a bit old but comforatable. The beach is about a block away, a nice short walk. There's a fair share of good restaurants in the area. The breakfast service is very good with a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms do not have televisions, just the main eating area.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
InnatUnionPier, Front Office Manager at Inn at Union Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to review our quaint Inn. The beach is definitely close by and the best restaurants are within walking distance. Glad you liked the breakfast and that the staff was friendly and made you feel at home. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We found the Inn at Union Pier by accident. But as soon as we walked in, saw the Great Room, and met the receptionist - Mary Ann - we were sold. This is a clean, comfortable, historic, and interesting Inn. The Swedish Fireplaces are just great and the room was very nicely appointed. The breakfast was delicious, Can't say enough about the people - so friendly and down to earth. Very relaxed atmosphere. The beach was just a very short walk away. Mary Ann told us of a wonderful restaurant, where we could see Chicago buildings from our seat as we dined. Then enjoyed the Inn's outdoor hot tub in the evening. There were antique stores close by too. Really it was all so great - made for an enchanting and very memorable weekend getaway.

Stayed: October 2016
InnatUnionPier, Front Office Manager at Inn at Union Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Hi J & M,

So glad you found the Inn by mistake and went to my favorite restaurant. It doesn't happen very often that you can see Chicago across the lake. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about the Inn and hope you will return again soon and maybe bring some friends.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Very nice hosts, location and breakfast at charming inn in Harbor Country. This is the second time we've met up with my parents here and enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Very quiet setting, close enough to Red Arrow Highway to hop on and get to all of the sights, but still far away enough that you cannot hear highway traffic.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
InnatUnionPier, Front Office Manager at Inn at Union Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

hi Jen,

Glad you were able to come stay here with your parents and had a wonderful weekend getaway. There is so much to do and everything is within 5-10 miles away. Now that fall is here people are coming up to see the fall colors. The peak is suppose to come about October 23rd-28th. Take care and come and stay with us again. Thank you for writing a review about your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were able to book a last minute stay in the Summer room in the detached cottage. The room was simple and cheery with an extremely comfortable bed. Despite our late-ish arrival for breakfast, the food was fresh and hot, the warm blueberry muffins being the highlight. If one needs a corkscrew, or place to store leftovers, the owners kindly allow easy all hours access to a portion of the kitchen. Despite checking out at noon, we were welcomed to use the facilities of the Inn that afternoon, which made our one night stay seem like a real mini-vacation. This was our second stay here and we will not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Alan,

It was great having you stay at the Inn once again and was glad you were able to enjoy the quietness and relax which everyone needs now and then. Wish you could have stayed another day, but you can always come back. We have some great specials coming up with Living Social in November that you can use from January through April of next year. The blueberry muffins are my favorite along with the Morning Glory. We have the world's best baker. Sandy makes the cookies and homemade granola just like my mom would make. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and hope to see you real soon.

Best,