“Good Local Lebanese”

Ranked #35 of 320 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I have been here several times dining in and for carry out. My experiences have always been pleasant. The staff is very friendly and helpful when trying new dishes. I like that they offer an oil based bread dip upon being seated although I have grown used to other restaurants serving the garlic dip which was slightly disappointing. Perhaps offer a smaller version of both. I was very happy with the quality of food, meat and vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly. Their portions are large. They should look into altering their tahini sauce as it is runny and the sesame taste is slightly diluted suggesting they use too much water. The lentil soup was also lacking in authentic flavors; this batch could have used more garlic, lemon and cumin. I have had this soup at all three locations now and only here have I experienced this.I added lemon juice from a slice served with my water and it helped a lot. Aside from that this restaurant serves satisfying Lebanese locally.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I am shocked that this place is still opened. Prices are way way too high for absolutely no reason. I ordered a large Tabbouli, large hammond, one dinner with an extra skewer of chicken kabob. I paid $77. Are you kidding me!!!! I usually buy a tray for 10 that actually feeds 15 from a great middle eastern restaurant and only pay $65., and there is no comparison in the quality of food. The beef shawarma is always too darn dry. If you want to stay in business, you need to outside of your box and eat at a few places so you can fix your issues. My whole family and friends know not to order anything from you. The first thing that is said when your place is mentioned, "Too expensive for no reason at all".

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank aqu12265
Abe C, General Manager at Lebanese Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and please don't be shocked because when you do things right you stay in business yes unlike those places you are talking about opening and closing weekly. We have been in business for almost 20 years and our patrons appreciate the quality and the prices we offer and they wont even pass by the junk places you are talking about even if you offer them free food. We are well aware with all the places selling junk around us. At our organization there is no compromise when it comes to quality. You just said it: A tray that feeds 10-15 people for $65. What can you buy for $6.5 per person if true, what quality do you expect?! Glad that your family and friends know that we sell real food at reasonable prices not the junk kabob that you call food; Now they can choose between getting junk or getting real food. We respect your choices and we value your opinion but you cannot compare apple with orange not to say anything else. This is real Lebanese food not junk food. Yes we do charge what our food deserves especially when you order a la carte.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

False Advertising - Warning! Prices in the Troy Restaurant are much higher than the menu prices published online on Groupon. The food I ordered (Chicken Shawarma) also tasted dry and stale. Restaurant was almost empty when I reached there around 6 PM in the evening. The owner is pretty rude. I'm sure he is going to reply back here using his usual abusive language once he sees a bad review about his restaurant. Will not recommend others to visit this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018
Abe C, Manager at Lebanese Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

YOUR ARE SOMEONE WITH NO PRINCIPLES. We do not buy our positive reviews. Most of our reviews are legit and written by great customers. My staff were instructed to kick you out and trash the food but they were nice enough not to do that. Our chicken shawarma is voted the best by many of our long loyal customers. The quality and quantity of our menu items are relatively priced very reasonably. We have been in business for almost 2 decades and our reputation does not need someone like you to bargain an extra $4 discount to leave us a decent review. Sorry but our principles are worth more than your $4; I do not know if someone like you will understand that. We appreciate our customers and we value their business and loyalty; most of the time we do the extras to please and satisfy our diners but no room for abusive people. Thank you for trying us and I hope you take your business elsewhere next time where you can get the extra discounts. There are plenty out there. You managed to delete my first reply but someone like you obviously enjoys being trashed. If your recommendation is going to lead us to customers like yourself then thank you we do not need them. Advisor associates, you do not delete my reply unless you are to delete this idiot's review.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I live in Dearborn, so I can't say this is the best, but it is good. The lunch platters for about $11-12 are good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Not bad at all and I'm pretty picky about middle eastern food as nothing beats home made. I had a salad and the chicken/hummus plate. It's a large portion, which I got with rice and it also had some veggies. Friendly and fast service too.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Lebanese Grill? Share your experiences!