All reviews waffles pool and hot tub front desk staff would stay here again breakfast room room was clean and comfortable traverse city area registration frig downtown michigan
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is an older establishment, with a slightly musty smell. If your kids or you have mold allergies, look elsewhere! It was clean and the bed linens were high quality. The location across from the water was nice and easy access via car to downtown restaurants. Many doors open to the outside-but directly to the parking lot-made it feel a bit sketch. We stayed in 2nd floor inside building...I would stay again if it was the cheapest option due to my budget restraints.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
ram33, General Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and offering your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology of the musty / moldy you encountered during your stay. I hope you had a chance to bring this matter to our staff's attention right away. We would have made every effort to remedy the issue or offer a more suitable room.

Our housekeeping team strive to offer clean and comfortable rooms and I apologize for being sub-par during your stay. We are happy to know you found your room clean. Most of our guest likes the feature of our ground floor rooms having interior and exterior entrances to the rooms. We also try to be very competitive with our rates during high peak season in a tourist destination.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We rented a room for one night on 8/13/16. As soon as we opened the door we could smell a mildew or urine smell--weren't sure which--until we went in the (tiny, tiny) bathroom and found that the shower curtain reeked of mildew.

Then, when I was washing my face, the sink backed up and wouldn't drain immediately. Once it went down there was black crud all over the sink from whatever mucus, hair, spit, etc. was stuck in the pipe.

Went to three different ice machines before we could find one that worked.

Other than that--it was OK.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
ram33, General Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and shring your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for falling short of your expectations. I am sorry for the mildew smell you experienced that have seemed to be coming from the shower curtain. Our housekeeping team strive to make sure everything is checked with a fine tooth comb and I'm sorry we missed the shower curtain.

I hope you had a chance to let our staff know of the sink not draining properly. Also, our ice machines were being serviced and a couple of them needed parts to be ordered.

We are truly sorry for the below average experience you had and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Unfortunately that's about the extent of what I can say positively about my family's stay here. The room wasn't cleaned very well and our sheets had quite a few stains on them. The food for breakfast was low quality and there wasn't much of it- it's first come first serve and they put very little out.

All in all, I'd say if you're on a serious budget, this isn't a bad place but I'd recommend staying someplace else if you want a higher quality experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding yur recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of your expectations. We are proud to know you were satisfied with our staff's service but we are sorry for falling short in our housekeeping department. We strive to offer a clean and comfortable hotel backed by affordable value even during summer time when rates are sky high in a tourist town.

We hop you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and hope it will be a better experience.

Sincerelr,
General Manager.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

we were 'upgraded' to a suite due to some problem with the property...should have left instead. it seemed like the suite hadn't been opened in weeks or months - musty smelling and hot inside. (it was 92F outside when we arrived) only a small wall unit in the bedroom - not nearly large enough to cool the suite, so we ended up closing the bedroom door and putting on 2 fans in order to sleep comfortably. old furniture in the sitting room but it was too hot to sit in there anyway.

big bathroom with a big tub and steps to get up in it. very dated.

the place was clean though and they had cookies in the evening which my husband appreciated. the usual included breakfast choices.

convenient location for dinner though - the highly rated red mesa grill just a few steps away - so we didn't have to drive anymore that day which was a relief.

good bed though

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ram33, General Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback. On behalf of my entire team, please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. We wanted to offer to upgrade you to a larger two room suite dur the our hotwater boiler system was having trouble and we ewanted to provide an better alternative. We are sorry you have trouble with hethe cooling system. Generally the unit in the bedroom will cool the entire rooms if you leave the door to the bedroom iopen. We are in the process of updateing the furtnitures in all the rooms.

We are happy to know you found your room clean. and that you enjoyed the complimentary cookies as well as the Red Mesa Grille restaurant two dooors down from our hotel.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation earlier tonight and even had a confirmation email sent to me. At 10:30 this evening I get a phone call that they cannot honor that price. I had already cancelled a previous reservation at another hotel and now I'm left without a room for a family vacation. I'm furious!!!! If you make a reservation be where it may not be good

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

When you made your reservation with us, my front desk agent tried to explain to you that our rates changed from weekday (Sunday through Thursday) to weekend (Friday & Saturday). You demanded to have the lower rate that was for Thursday to be applied to the Friday & Saturday night rate. My front desk agent was so shaken up by the way you spoke to her that she went ahead and gave you the same rates for all three nights. I informed her that is not correct and to call you back to let you know. You decided to cancel the reservation.

I am sorry you were not able to accomodate you based on the rate you felt was good to you.