“Cute little restaurant in a strip mall.”

OPA! Coney and Grill
Ranked #176 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Greek, Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We make fresh food from scratch fast. Enjoy one of our many freshly prepared dishes and be set for a wonderful experience. We pride ourselves in providing a unique dining experience that will satisfy your taste buds, your need for something out of the ordinary, and lastly... Your pocketbook. Traditional Greek, Polish and American fare served daily and great for families. We also offer full bar service featuring craft beers and our unique wine tap system.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stopped here after driving 6 hours. It's not a typical coney island, but they have several coney island type dishes on the menu. 3 of us in the party has gyros, and they were really good. They were so full of meat and sauce, that we had to eat some of the filling before we could pick them up. The other person had pirogi, and they were very good as well. The restaurant was understaffed because someone had called off sick, and was 30 minutes from closing, but the staff could not have been more friendly. A lady at the table next to us got mussels, and they looked amazing!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I moved to Traverse City from the Detroit area recently and wanted to find a Coney Island resturant. I've given Opa's 3 chances and was disappointed each time. The Gyro was terrible, the Greek salad terrible and I couldn't even eat the lemon rice soup. There are so many great coneys around Detroit and all reasonably priced. I found Opa's pricey. They need to make a trip to Detroit and learn how to make decent Greek food.

1  Thank Norma W
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I'm perhaps a bit of a snob about Greek food as I'm sure memories of the time I lived in Greece cloud my taste buds today. Yet, I still can't say this is any better than any of the family run Greek restaurants you'll find all over Southern Michigan. It is however, more pricey.

1  Thank Rusty J
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

How hard could it be to screw up a hotdog! Well they did. I went in for a quick bite to eat and ordered two chili dogs with onions and no mustard, plus a side of fries and a Diet Coke to polish it off.

The hotdogs arrived with mustard on them but no onions. I can't stand mustard on a chili dog and I'm quite confused why someone would put mustard on chili. But each to their own but not on my hotdog.

So I politely asked for the correct two hotdogs of which the waiter rolled his eyes and said really you can't eat it with mustard on it.? So it took us back we're so much great the mustard off leaving most of it and return the hotdogs to my table. So I said what the hell and I was just going to eat the hot dogs anyways but the buns were super hard! When I called over the waiter I took my hotdog bun and wrapped it against my plate making a loud dinging noise to show the bun was rockhard!

Time to give up and go home.
The waiter picked up the rock hard hotdogs and had them remade. The replacement hotdogs they once again had mustard on them but no onions. I just started laughing my butt off I mean really how can you screw up making two hotdogs and yet they did twice.

So I ate the chili dogs with mustard but no onions.

I will never return.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We stopped for dinner and enjoyed the gyro pita sandwich along with an optional greek salad. Prices are a bit high- but it is a nice place.