“Unique cocktails, great prices ”
Review of Low Bar

Low Bar
Ranked #60 of 330 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Description: A throwback into a modern era. Re-igniting craft cocktails and prohibition. 100+ bourbons, housemade cocktails, concoctions, and late night small bites.
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Really great and unique cocktails, all handcrafted. I can't remember our bartender 's name but he did a great job. Being from Chicago, I'm used to having to take out a second mortgage for high end drinks like this, but at low bar, they were very fair priced. The atmosphere was cool. It's in a basement so it's kinda dark. You feel like you're in a speakeasy, which we really liked. My girlfriend's favorite drink was the Ship Show, and mine was the Old Bitter Boot. If you're in TC, after dinner, go straight to Low Bar. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I grew up here, so being somewhere I have never been is always fun. the dinks are pricey, and service was slow, but it was still fun. all kinds of crazy drinks you can order. cucumber based with flowers, smoke infused, take your pick. it's dark, small, and a cramped elevator takes you down one floor under the city buildings. lots of fun...for one...drink that is.

1  Thank Pj S
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I really don't want to review this place... because it's too fantastic. And I don't want it to become too well known. But in all fairness, how could I not? Someone said this is a "modern take on a speakeasy". I can't say it better than that. If I could design my own personal bar, this would be it. Dark colors, lots of candles, subdued lighting, and rich decor. This is not a sports bar with crude, yelling sports fans tossing back shots of cheap tequila and chasing it with Bud. This is a place for civilized people to meet, talk, and enjoy some of the best hand crafted cocktails anywhere - at reasonable prices relative to the quality. The cocktails are in a league of their own - I'd put "The Boss" up against anything that Hyde in the Bellagio in Las Vegas has to offer. So, keep this place a secret. And don't go here. But if you do, don't tell anyone...

2  Thank Starider7
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Fantastic adult bar. No noise. No TVs. Just fantastic drinks and great ambiance. You must stop here for a drinks with friends!!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

We stopped in based on reviews I'd read. A little bit of an adventure finding it downstairs!

Great selection of all kinds of liquor. They give you a menu of their multitude of cocktails. They also give you a glass of water to pace yourself.

Set at the bar so you can ask questions/recommendations of the bartender. And also watch them mix the drinks.

The drinks are not cheap, but hey, you're not there for cheap drinks!

Nice atmosphere fairly quite.