“Fantastic Beer and good!”
Review of Rare Bird Brewpub

Rare Bird Brewpub
Ranked #31 of 329 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Description: Rare Bird Brewpub not only offers their award-winning house crafted beers but a large range of great beverages from around the world as well as a fantastic local pub food options. RB has 35 taps which feature house brewed beers, beers from around the world as well as wine, cider and craft cocktails. The food is a fun mix of old pub classics with an exciting and local flare.
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

If you are in traverse city stop by Rare Bird and grab some excellent beers and grub. Had the VA JA HA which is a American Blonde brewed with vanilla and coffee. It was absolutely delicious! Paired it with pork belly nachos and a pub burger, which were fantastic! Staff is super friendly and the decor and atmosphere of this place is out of this world! Don’t pass the brewery up if you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Went here on the recommendation of trip advisor and a friend.

My husband and I split the hummus platter, crispy cauliflower, and a lamb burger. ALL of them excellent. That hummus platter with the pickled carrots...oh man.. and the lamb burger just melted in your mouth!

Neither of us had beers as we had been wine tasting earlier in the day.

My only complaint, which is not really a complaint is that most of the place is community style seating. Which is hard if you are a introvert. They do have a few booths, but they were all full. I don't mine community seating, my husband isn't so keen on it. But it worked out just fine.

Staff was fine. Not amazing, but not bad either.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I waited about a week to write this review. Been here several times. I was in a good mood with family as we walked into Rare Bird early on a sunny Sunday afternoon to enjoy a few beers and lunch. Their system requires you to order at a designated area of the bar...no big deal. With no customers in line, we patiently waited while both bartenders fervently cleaned and were completely engrossed in removing glasses from the racks and stacking them on the bar. Knowing we were waiting, one bartender eventually looked up and back over his shoulder while working and asks, "do you need anything?" It was awkward waiting time and I said jokingly, "nope, we're just standing here." His reply was, "then fine, then you can just stay there." Truly, I was in a good mood and it turned sour just like that. I was going to leave immediately but my family was hungry. We eventually ordered our food which is always good and had a few beers. I am not a complainer and I understand that somebody can have a bad day. But the negative attitude of the bartender really makes me wonder if I'll ever go back. Really, who needs that? It just left a sour very note! I hope management understands that there are many similar style pubs with great food and friendly service around T.C. This past weekend, they appreciated our business.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere, fun food, and they love birds like I do! Creative beers and other choices too, crowd pleaser for sure

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Visited on a weekday right as they opened and the staff was great and knowledgeable. We only had beer so I cannot speak on the food, they did have a nice selection of beer styles to choose from other breweries in addition to a few of their own, I had the YAS Queen