“Great food & AWESOME beer.”
Review of Rare Bird Brewpub

Rare Bird Brewpub
Ranked #38 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Description: Rare Bird Brewpub not only offers their award-winning house crafted beers but a large range of great beverages from around the world as well as a fantastic local pub food options. RB has 35 taps which feature house brewed beers, beers from around the world as well as wine, cider and craft cocktails. The food is a fun mix of old pub classics with an exciting and local flare.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

If you love beer, you must stop here. It is a little out of the way but well worth the trip. The food for dinner was very good. They had a live band the night we stopped. Now the good part, the beer. They make some AWESOME small batch brews. The only negative was the do not have any of their beer bottled so you can take it home. Went with the next best option and got a growler of the Nuts to Butter.
I think this is the best tasting beer I have ever had. Well worth the extra hour drive back to get more before we headed home. You must stop here if you love beer.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We went here on a recommendation from our server at a downtown restaurant and it was well worth the 5 block walk. Friendly servers, good beer selection, and a nice facility. This is my kind of place

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The flights and pints of their beers were excellent.

The pretzel sticks were good, but the mustard and cheese dips were a little blah and seemed like they needed something.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

There's a reason why Rare Bird is always crowded. The beer is very good. Even the ones I didn't prefer I could tell were well conceived and done well. Bonus points for brewing risky beers like a chocolate wheat stout which wasn't my favorite but had everything that style should have had. I had a Hopricot which is the typical apricot IPA and to my happy surprise was more IPA than fruit which is, in my opinion, the most common mistake in fruited brewed beers.

The room itself is probably the best brewpub space in Traverse City. Well thought out beer decor (tap handles, etc) and not too bright even in the daytime. Wood including repurposed wood is used throughout to great effect making the place feel like a country brewhouse. Well done, Rare Bird.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on a Thursday after just arriving in TC. Found it in on Trip Advisor and thought we'd check it out. It's located in the warehouse district just south of the river. It was seat yourself so we sat in a booth next to a window - it was pretty dark inside. The server arrived quickly and took our drinks. We ordered for the kids first. Our kiddos had grilled cheese and chicken fingers. They ate every last bite. I had avocado tacos. They were delicious! My husband loved the glazed pork belly tacos. We will definitely be back the next time we are in TC and highly recommend.