“One of the best in TC”

Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual DOWNTOWN restaurant offering New American inspired cuisine. Eclectic specials, fresh seafood, pasta, unique sandwiches and salads, vegetarian specialties and award-winning desserts. Emphasis on fresh, local products. Live jazz on Friday and Saturdays. Full bar with extensive martini menu, wines by the glass, and unique craft beers on tap,
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We haven't visited Poppycock's in a long time, but went to try the acorn squash vegetable potpie that was featured in Northern Express. Wow! It was REALLY good. There were so many choices on the menu, we decided to come back for lunch. I had the bahn mi dirty fries, and that lunch was one of the best lunches I've ever had. Plus, the desserts are killer, and the service is great. We will make this a frequent stop.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I did some wine tasting and we went to front Street and just picked up poppycock's and we're not disappointed. We both had the burger and fries with lettuce tomato and onion for $12, my wife had a bowl of soup which she said was fantastic and I had a side salad. I am not a shopper but my wife enjoyed walking front Street which is the main business district parking is about $1.50 for an hour or two stayed at the grand stay hotel which was formally a Americc in for $69 out the door for a king suite with pool and hot tub fantastic value always enjoy Traverse

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect atmosphere for a nice lunch with friends. The signature tomato, spinach soup was perfect on a cool day.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is the first place we come to eat when we travel to Traverse City. The food is consistently good, variety of specials and service is almost always good. Would recommend this downtown restaurant for lunch or dinner. And check out their desserts - also very good!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stopped here after shopping and didn't have to wait long at all. The service is very good and the food is unique and great tasting. We had the reuben and a grilled cheese sandwich with soup. Both are done so special, what a nice touch. The seem to have unique flare for all their food and that really makes you want to come back. The prices were reasonable too. This restaurant is very pleasant and I highly recommend it. Not your run of the mill place!