“Love this spot!”

Kilkenny's Public House
Ranked #125 of 326 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 October 2015

We went to Kilkenny's last night and looked forward to stopping here while in town. The bartender was wonderful and took good care of us. We had the beer cheese soup topped with mustard pretzels. Yum! My husband had the fish and chips which was outstanding as expected. Great fish, fries and flavorfull tarter sauce and slaw. We ordered the drink specials We ordered the drink specials so the entire night was a great value. We would absolutely recommend Kilkenny's! We'll be back!

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

We had a great time! Enjoyed the live music and people at this venue! Very clean and very good customer service. Plenty of room for our group of people!

Reviewed 6 October 2015

My wife and I decided to try it since our first choice wasn't open. Interesting place, you could tell a lot of locals hang out there. It was trivia game night. I think we were the only ones there not playing. But it was fun to watch everyone else. The DJ was funny and interesting. Good selection of MI craft beers. The food was good, I had a burger which was good, the fries were luke warm, my wife had egg rolls which she said were very good. I think they were short on wait staff, cause our waiter seemed to be the only one working our half of the area. We was doing his best considering how busy it was. Wanted the roasted peanuts in the shell but they didn't have any ready yet. Maybe we'll go back just to try some.

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Great food. Great staff. Loved our experience. Decore was really cool. Neatest thing was the beer cocktails. We had never been anywhere that does that.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We have been to this pub many, many times over the last 8 years or. It's a nice Irish-style pub which features music a few times a week and a variety of Irish and Microbrews. Also, they have the usual pub entertainments: darts, billard table, Fussball table. My wife likes to stop by for their excellent 'car bombs'! I can't say anything about their fare since we usually just go there for drinks. The last visit was on a Sunday night (July 05) and it was awful. Apparently, it was 'Industry Night', ie when all the local bartenders, servers, etc meet there for their night out. About a hundred people were crowded around the bar with 2(!) bartender and one bar back. We gave up trying to order a beverage after about 20 minutes. The bartenders would not even look at me but merrily continued serving their 'friends' to the right and left of us - and that was after spending about 10 minutes trying to even get close to the bar - no other servers. I got the attention of the bar back once and he was nice enough to go and 'mention' me to one the bartenders. No Luck.
Ordinarily I would rate this place at 4 stars but certainly not on that visit. Therefore, choose carefully when you go.

1  Thank bueromuell