“PERFECT SERVICE, FOOD AND SETTING”
Review of The Towne Plaza

The Towne Plaza
Ranked #4 of 336 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We stayed at a nearby hotel with our dog and headed out to have breakfast. As we were walking we saw a lovely outdoor seating area under a canopy of trees set with tables and chairs. My travel buddy asked the server if we could have the dog there and we were immediately welcomed , The server brought out water for our pup and one of the gals even went to her car and brought out dog two biscuits ! All of the servers came over to the table to see our dog, It is a very dog friendly place and if you are traveling with your dog , this is a great place to stop.

We enjoyed two delicious breakfasts there, I would highly recommend the blueberry pancakes, Be prepared that you will not need any butter on them, they are grilled to perfection in clarified butter allowing the blueberries to almost melt in your mouth, I also had the most delicious huge fruit salad of sliced apples, blueberries, strawberries and grapes with a raspberry drizzle,The fresh fruit was served over very tastey banana bread. I didnt think the fruit would be as plentful as it was so I had ordered a side serving of sausage patties. They were good as well but I could have done without them because the fruit plate was so large ! The pup ended up with a few bites of sausage! We also tried the fresh oats for breakfast which I was told was just as good.

It is delightful to sit outside in summer and this setting is very relaxing .

The prices are very reasonable and the outdoor area is very accessible . This place has it all perfect service, perfect food and perfect setting !

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped here based on trip advisor and yelp reviews and I was extremely impressed. I had the pork belly with poached egg and my wife had the french toast. Both were cooked perfectly and I would recommend to all visitors to traverse city.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Eggs Benedict and the omelette with artichokes/feta (Vegetarian) are Amazing! We ate breakfast here 3 days in a row...banana bread, delicious!

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This was a "new" restaurant for us in the Traverse City area. What a pleasant surprise!!

We had great service with a waiter that explained the fairly unique menu in the most eloquent and understandable way possible.

Food was excellent and we all enjoyed trying each other's dishes.

The interesting part for me was the intermingling of small plates with "normal" size entree's on the menu. Items are grouped by category making it simple to select what you want...only problem is that everything sounded good!!

Would definitely give this a try...large outdoor seating area too!!

Enjoy!!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The outdoor area really adds twice the amount the room to this restaurant. We had a group of 8 and were able to get right in on a Saturday morning.
The food was great, many different choices. They have a la carte items along with the menu items, so you can get pancakes and plain eggs, if wanted.
The wait was a little long, but we also had 3 kids, so the timing might have been a little skewed. The food was good though, and large enough that we all left full.