All reviews family owned business super clean rooms one night cable tv place to stay trip to traverse city coffee maker king bed a great stay microwave
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My son and I ended up here when we needed one more night in town. Our room had a king bed, fridge, microwave, cable TV, and a nice clean space.

As other reviews state, this is a motel from an era decades in the past. However, the room was remodeled and grew on us as we spent more time in the room. It was just what we needed!

It was very convenient to park directly in front of the room since we didn't have to move our bags too far! We had a great stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TwoWas
constanza d, Owner at Sierra Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Spur of the moment trip to Traverse City. Called on the way and snagged a King. The owner said it would be ready to check into upon our arrival. (Wasn't THAT nice!)

Have stayed here before. Owners are extremely friendly. Rooms exceptionally clean. A BIG plus was that the rooms had been recently remodeled.

At the very edge of town. Couldn't be a better location. Really enjoyed the fact that we could actually park right in front of our room. An older property, but extremely well maintained. They'll be seeing us again!

Room Tip: Only three King on the first floor..try to snag one...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2inaruba
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Came up here for work was looking for a good place to stay. Came across this hotel. Very nice very clean the staff was amazing my entire stay was great I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2017

On a whim, we drove up to Traverse Bay on a Saturday in June. We knew finding any room would be a challenge, maybe impossible to find a fair priced one given the time of year...but then we found a gem in the Sierra Motel. Moderately priced, and super clean rooms. A "mom & pop" type establishment who took pride in their property & hospitality. They had fresh flowers hanging from the railings, American buntings hung on the balconies, & an immaculate yard. The rooms were fresh & inviting. The innkeepers greeted us with smiles & friendliness upon walking in the office door. Run by a sweet hard working family who know how to treat their guests. We had a wonderful restful night sleep in very comfortable clean beds. Greeted again in office next morning with a smile & fresh coffee & muffins. Host was very accommodating. After we'd left, I discovered I'd left my iPad in room. Our host had already tried to call me at my home (but we were in another part of the state). She seemed happy to hear from me, as if she were a close friend. She offered to mail it back to me; but we decided to return to Traverse to get it the next day. She welcomed me back with a big hug. It was like staying with family who cared how our lives were. Definitely suggest anyone stay with these wonderful inn owners.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The front desk person was so sweet. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We came a day early and couldn't get into the hotel we had booked so we stayed at the Sierra. I will save myself 200.00 a night next time and just book the Sierra. If you just need a comfy place to sleep because you will be out enjoying the sites-stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple