“Best Pastries and Pizza!”

Pleasanton Brick Oven Bakery
Ranked #3 of 7 Bakeries in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I have walked by this bakery many times and finally went in. A big mistake! This tiny bakery has some of the best pastries around and in unusual flavors. I am addicted to their chocolate pistachio croissants and their chocolate almond croissants. They also carry savory ones for lunch as well. They make their own granola type bar that I buy in bulk to take back to Austin. Then we discovered their pizzas. They are made in their fire oven and are very simple but very different. It is obvious they use fresh ingredients. They only come in one size but will feed 2-3 people. They only do the pizzas towards the end of the week and are closed on Sunday. They do have a picnic table otherwise it is carryout. But if you want their great croissants, you have to go early for they sell out quickly.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Cookies, breads and pizza are delish! Highly recommend the parmesan olive bread! Quaint old building, easily accessible with parking across the street.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Tried pumpkin & candy cane tarts tonight, wow! So tasty, pumpkin was definitely my favorite. Always love their sourdough rye, cinnamon raisin, semolina....you name the bread and I love it. Always stop here in each TC trip!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were in town, staying close by. So we went exploring and found this gem. We ordered pizza. However, as good as it was, we didn't or couldn't get out this amazing little bakery without buying a lemon raspberry tart, a blueberry crumble tart, a shortbread cookie and an almond shortbread cookie. The pizza was HUGE! I had to stop at one piece because I was not going to wait to eat my dessert! Just fabulous! If I wasn't traveling I would have gotten more. Too bad they don't sell airtight containers.

I'll definitely make my way back to try more!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Tiny, European style bakery offering fabulous, organic breads, decadent pastries, huge cookies and delicious pizza (only in the evening). There are picnic tables outside, but no indoor seating.
WARNING the menu & hours listed on Trip Advisor are completely inaccurate. Check their website or Facebook for current info.