All reviewssitting areaking suitefree shuttlerooms are spaciouschoice hotelsfront desk staffshuttle serviceexcellent hotelbusiness centerclose to downtowna great place to staycherry festivalmini fridgefree breakfastpool and hot tubstaff was very friendlytc
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We (a group of my colleagues) stayed at the Cambria Hotel Traverse City to attend a work conference. The location was excellent - close to downtown but easy access to the conference location. The food was delicious. (I recommend the eggs benedict.) The rooms were comfortable. I was thrilled to have so many electrical outlets, often a rarity in hotels, to help plug in all of my work devices. The price was reasonable considering my stay was during a major conference and the film festival. But best of all, the customer service was outstanding. Barbara checked in with me throughout the week by text. The restaurant service was excellent as well. I'd definitely go back. Keep up the good work Cambria.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room NOT on Rte 31. It was noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle K
Ryan C, Front Office Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for your review! We here at the Cambria greatly appreciate your kind words. Barbara is truly an asset to our team and I will be sure to share this with her. Please come stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We booked reservations for one night to be with our kids and their family. Evidently the most expensive night of the year - $400 for Friday night! Frankly outrageous but we still booked. Nicely appointed, charming personnel, convenient parking, nice bar area, however restaurant was very disappointing. Considered #1 in the area, the kitchen nor staff had no knowledge of gluten free needs.in this day and age, pretty absurd. We had breakfast and my wife, a celiac disease sufferer, had puny scrambled eggs in a white plate and onions, green peppers and zucchini. Steamed no less, thus NO taste. Should haven an embarrassment to all.

I did share this with the front desk, left a business card describing gf requirements, with the kitchen and front desk, so hope they move forward.

I do thank them for their concern, but was horrified they had no idea.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you for choosing the Cambria I am glad you enjoyed part of your stay, but I do apologize that you were disappointed with our Reflect Bistro. I do appreciate your sharing your concerns .

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We got a good deal on a last minute overnight stay. The kids had fun swimming in the pool, they slept good on the pullout couch watching a movie on their own TV, and they enjoyed the breakfast at the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for bringing your family to the Cambria. We appreciate your comments and that you enjoyed your experience.
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2018

My wife and I had to make a last minute reservation and barely made it in the door around 8 PM before all the rooms were booked up and we were very glad we got the last King Suite. The front desk staff were very accommodating to our requests and the room was really great. Best of all, we went back downstairs to the Tuscan Bistro for dinner and drinks. That was the best food my wife and I have had in a long time. We ended up staying their for about 2 1/2 hours eating and drinking. The Huron Yellow Lake Perch with Raspberry Cole Slaw and the lobster in the Seafood Pot Pie were our favorites. If you ever get a chance to stay in Traverse City, The Cambria Suites would be my recommendation for anyone.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikerV588TP

Thank you for choosing the Cambria on your recent trip to our area.
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our Reflect Bistro restaurant.
I appreciate your comments .
Best,

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed at Cambria for a short weekend family vacation. We had 7 people and needed a large room. We were very impressed with the double queen and pull out couch area. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean including the room, hallways, and lobby area. Very convenient to the downtown area and beaches with a shuttle that will take you anywhere in the city. I thought I would miss not having the hotel directly on Lake Michigan, but it was actually fine. My only complaint was the couch with the pull out bed. The bed was hard and springs were very uncomfortable for the kids to sleep. They ended up sleeping on the floor.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for giving us a try at the Cambria Hotel. I appreciate your comments
regarding your visit. I do apologize about the comfort level of the pullout sofa couch to sleep on. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Kind regards,