“Very good sushi and excellent asian fusion”
Review of Red Ginger

Red Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 336 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The special dish of the day was lobster fried rice. Two of our party ordered that and it was spectacular with half a lobster tail. I had duck curry, which basically was two roasted duck legs with a curry sauce and very nice coconut rice. The one drawback is the acoustics which seemed to amplify the background noise so we had to shout to each other.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We went in about 940pm. They close at 11. They were busy and hoppin! There is a dress code of business casual for main dining but that didn't hinder us.

Our server was Teri. Her attention to detail was impeccable, her personality had flair. She is clearly a hospitality expert and pleasant to be served by. The restaurant overall clearly was a well oiled machine with a great set of staff. Despite the busy restaurant, our food was prepared swiftly and high quality.

Drinks were red dragon martini and a mojito. Highly recommend the red dragon martini if you like sweet cocktails with a bite. Delicious!

We had calamari and wakame salad for starters. The calamari was cooked well and the salad was nicely prepared - not slimy but with a slight crunch too. The ginger was fresh and aromatic. I usually don't eat ginger but this tasted great. I ate it all. Calamari was mildly spicy so be aware of that if it concerns you. We polished off both of our plates.

Mains were thai curry and chef dans signature dish. Both delicious. Thai curry had ample amount of meat and veggies in the sauce. Chef dans signature dish MUST be eaten slowly!!! Savor it or you WILL lose the subtle flavors. The wasabi was fresh and potent.

Dessert was the coconut rice pudding. The mango and rum sauce was delicious and a welcome addition. I hadn't had a sauce like that with rice pudding. Slight crackling crisp on top of sugar glaze added to the texture. Yum!

I went here based on recommendation. LOVE IT! Just go!

1  Thank crowhorn52
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Red Ginger was a great sushi experience. The menu is broader than sushi alone, but I went with the rolls tonight. The specialty rolls were creative and flavorful. Most were between $12-16, which is comparable to most quality sushi restaurants I’ve visited. The service is top notch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone coming through TC.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

While shopping in downtown TC my wife and I wanted to take a little break and grab a snack, I pulled up several locations close to us on my iPhone, the Red Ginger was actually my second choice, fortunately for us my first choice didn't cater to the lunch/afternoon crowd. We were very happy with the food, service friendliness of the restaurant staff.

Definitely will return next time were in TC.

(P.S. -- Good luck mushroom Matt....)

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Amazing service, food, atmosphere, and the staff was very attentive! I recommend utilizing the upstairs private dining areas for your next gathering. I have held events there many times and I have never been disappointed. Nothing but first class!!!