“Gross”
Review of Dooley's Tavern

Dooley's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2016

This place is just disgusting. The service is terrible and the food is gross. The portion sizes are average.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 27 June 2016

It was a nice day and we wanted to sit outside and eat. Dooley's has a patio. When we went out on the patio there were only 4 men sitting out on the patio. They were very loud. We ordered the French onion soup and chicken wings. The cheese on the French onion soup looked a little odd and the soup did not look good. When I tried the soup it tasted like dish water. After one spoon I stopped eating it. The onions were not cooked either. When the chicken wings arrived they looked tasty but to my dissatisfaction they were cold - not even warm. Service was not so great either. We had to keep looking for our waitress every time we needed her. She was gone for long periods of time. The restaurant was not busy so we are not sure why this was such an issue.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

We were here for a birthday celebration there were about 25 of us. They gave us the back room which worked great as we had it all to ourselves and the party was at 6:30 PM which was early enough to avoid the bar crowd. The menu seem to have enough variety to please everyone and we were assigned one waitress who seem to be able to handle it well and was pleasant. At one point though they did run out of silverware and had to give part of our group plasticware. In the rest of the restaurant were only a couple tables of people so I can't imagine that they didn't have enough silverware for 25 people!! And on another note they allowed us to bring our own birthday cake and when I asked for a nice financially they brought a butter knife so I asked for a larger knife they brought a dirty steak knife!! After confirming with someone else at my table that it indeed was dirty we sent it back and asked for a clean knife and that really was pretty gross. So I don't know who to blame for that if it was the waitress who chose a dirty knife or if someone handed her a knife that was supposed to be clean but in any event it really turned me off! Another note about the back room, there were a couple of doors that lead to the outside where they have a designated smoking area. It was close enough where the smoke was seeping into our back room so that we didn't appreciate either. I thought Michigan law was that smoking had to be away from the building anyways but I don't know for sure this was definitely not away from the building it was right out a door where we were sitting so as soon as they open the door the smoke came right into our room!!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 14 October 2015

They have a great happy hour and decent beer selection, the service is always friendly and the food is not an after thought. Good pizza and burgers, can get a bit rowdy later at night but it is a bar first a fore most so that is not unexpected.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Local Hangout - great for sporting events. Happy Hour is great also. Located on M59 near Van Dyke. Easy access. Staff great. Fun Place.

Date of visit: August 2015