“A gem to find ”

Lakeside Family Restaurant
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We were having a difficult time trying to find a restaurant that serves good food like at home. We search unfamiliar areas for 'family' type restaurants. Tonight we found a gem! We ordered cabbage rolls, potato pancakes and city chicken. All of it was great tasting. Both dinners came with a scoop of mashed potatoes and today's vegetable (green beans). A bread basket is also served.

Service was adequate and fast; food was served quickly and hot. We will be back!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We took our dear Polish aunt out for a special ethnic meal. Nice, homestyle place where we had been before. She chose the special of the day and I repeated the order for her. Another meal came so I asked the waitress if perhaps she could bring the correct request. She was absolutely rude and aggressive saying she got the order right and we were wrong and went on for 2 minutes or so. She was not concerned that there was an error to fix it, she was on the attack. Even with 3 guests nicely pointing out that indeed an error was made. Wow. I have never seen such a rude server. Even if the lady had made an error in ordering (she hadn't) she should have been gracious. Class waitservice 101!! My poor aunt was humbled and sad. We all kept it respectable but got a chewing out from the waitress--Diana. Later, dishes were on the table--and sat there. Waitress just kept walking by but because it wasn't her job never picked up the dirty dishes until someone else showed up and did it. This gal turned a lovely get together of family into a very unpleasant dining experience

2  Thank Buttercup60
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My wife and I ate at this location last week after searching the web for a Detroit area place with Polish food. Lakeside Family Restaurant did a nice job of filling that food desire.
Now I will say this place is no frills, big open seating, really not much in decore, but the food was very good and certainly Polish. Has all the normal expected Polish food (check the web site out for a menu), food was good, fresh / hot, and served fast. Another good sign was people were lined up outside the door for seating. Table turnover rate is pretty fast. Also (don't take this the wrong way) a lot of older people eating here (good food, prices, and serving sizes). I had half of my meal to take home and have the next day. All in all we will be back and this is a recommended place to eat especially for Polish food.
In closing our waitress Madona did a great job and when I paid the bill I really got the impression that the staff cared when they asked how the meal was - nice to see.
One other cool thing when we visited was there was some type of group party going on and at the end of the meal four of them stood up and sang some type of Polish song - very cool and I clapped when they were done.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Ordered carry-out from the Lakeside Family Restaurant for our office lunch today. This was our first time visiting this restaurant. I ordered: Potato Pancakes $6.89 and my co-worker ordered Kielbasa and Pierogi also $6.89. Potato Pancakes came as 3 good size, homemade pancakes with sour cream, apple sauce and 2 slices of bread. The Potato Pancakes were good, but I would have liked some onion or other spices in there. My co-worker stated her Kielbasa and (meat) Pierogi were good. They only came with sour cream and 2 slices of bread also. We each ordered Dill Pickle Soup. We were told that the carry-out soup only comes in pints and quarts. We ordered a quart (to much for two people). The soup was good tasting with big chunks of potato. The disappointing part...Pricey for what you get, we Did Not get any Silverware, Spoons, Napkins or Butter for our bread. Maybe the dining experience is better if you eat in, but not so much for carry-out.

1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We were here for a car show on a Monday night so decided to eat dinner here. Hubby and I had Fish n Chips n Fish n Mac n Cheese. It was very good. Grand daughter had mac n cheese (kids is like Kraft while adults is more like home made) with fruit bowl. Fruit bowl was very good. Friend had grilled chicken an said it was dry (maybe overcooked).