“Very Impressive”

Asian Grand Buffet
Ranked #157 of 284 Restaurants in Sterling Heights
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I was a little worried about trying this place after reading the reviews. The picts got my interest. A Thai grill, seafood, sushi, salad, and traditional Chinese food on the buffet. They even had frog legs, crawfish, steam clams, muscles, shrimp in the shell, baked whitefish & med-sized fried shrimp. They even had raw New York steaks that they would cook in front of you on the Thai grill. It tasted WONDERFUL & GREAT SERVICE! I left a good tip. Beautiful restaurant! Maybe I just came at the right time and day. Friday 6:30pm! Critics come back and try it again. Look at this table. This is really a 4 1/2 STAR, but I can't select that. The only thing I would change is to offer crab legs for an extra fee on the Supper Bar Fri & Sat. I would pay for that. Keep up the great work!

1  Thank J5431WVjasonr

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Went with my family. In past have been there many times, each time I go the service and attitudes of the workers gets worse and worse.

Today sealed the deal for our family for never returning and never recommending. When seated they placed us at tables that were wobbly and unstable. Three out of the 6 chairs at the table were unsteady and unsafe. When i asked to move to a table that was safe and chairs secure the one waitress was oh yes the other woman (Whos always there and always toting a tude) began yelling at this poor woman in there native language.

At the end of the visit, they gave us the bill, the total was wrong. My husbsnd was up at the desk for 15 munutes. I asked what the problem was, when he explained they had overcharged us for a child, she rerang the bill charging us even more then the original bill. My husband walked the woman through the numbers 4 times, she still didnt get it and finally conceded. She handed him her calculator at one point and my husband added it for her but her calculator wasnt working. While she was readding she was banging the keys and slamming things. It was the most unprofessional attitude i have seen in a very long time.

The worst part was there were 2 very nice woman who also had a problem just before us. They were complaining the food was old and cold the service was not kind. When they asked to speak to the manager because of the woman with the tude was even worse with them, this woman handed the two ladies a business card and told them to call. When they called the number it rang to the front desk where the woman was. She picked up the phone and shook it in her hand as she gestered to the women and and said HEEEELLLLLOOOOOO.

All i can say is unreal. Apparently repetitive customers us, not there aim nor there goal. Nor is word of mouth something they care about as means of advertising and spreading the word.

Oh its going to get spread but its not going to be favorable. If anyone of importance reads this and can do anything, get rid of the woman in the front, bring back the man who was the manager in the beginning or even the woman you had after. Both of them ensured quality food, freindly service. Check your sales, i guarantee they have dropped since then. At this rate i wouldnt be surprised if the doors close in the very near future.

2  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed 20 April 2016

For cheap eats, good quality, and lots of selections, this is one of the best Asian buffets around. There's a sushi bar, mongolian style cooking, and even a few American dishes. Desserts are pretty typical, but after all the entrees, you won't even care.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

They were last opening, found out later the cook's car broke down. They were late putting the food out and when they did put it out we found out the dishes were lukewarm. All the sauces were think as if the food had not cooked long enough. I should have just walked out but I was there with other people that wanted to stay. The food was not up to their usual standard.

1  Thank MissMyDog
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Food is cold, despite being in a steam table. Fried rice is just white rice with a couple peas and little carrot squares. French fries barely cooked. Fried chicken\ wing dings hard as a rock. Beef dishes are fatty and grisly. Rude staff, ignored an empty glass that sat on edge of table as she walked by multiple times, unhappy when I flagged her down and asked for a refill. Spring roll leaves a lot to be desired. Dumplings cold and greasy.

If you must go, select your meat and vegetables at the hibachi grill and have them cook it for you.

Was hoping for a GOOD Asian buffet. This is not it.

1  Thank Marlana W