“Food was good but dining was the most awkward meal ever”

Charlie's Chop House
Ranked #14 of 105 Restaurants in Southgate
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Our family went here for dinner on a Friday night. We arrived in the 7 o’clock hour. Walked in only to find that we were the ONLY customers. Our waitress was attentive most of the time. The food was pretty good. Just a very, very awkward dining experience being the only customers in a large dining room. I realize the emptiness was not the restaurant’s fault and could not be changed on their behalf but we felt so strange I’m not sure we would return out of fear of a repeat situation.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Charlie's is located in the Holiday Inn Southgate (where we normally stay on our way home from the panhandle). The first few times we were here it was just good enough, last year it was not so great and we weren't going to try it again. This year we were just too tired to go out and took a chance on Charlie's again. So glad that we did - the food was really good. My husband had the meatloaf and I opted for the basic burger. Both entrees were fabulous. Not frozen and warmed but simply good, real food. The green beans were excellent and crispy not over-cooked and bland. It was so good and plentiful that we actually wanted to take the leftovers back with us. The salad and soup bar was also very fresh with great selection and the soup was home made (not canned and substandard). Kudos to Charlie's! And thanks to our lovely server Amanda for a great dinner experience!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We meet every April and October for over 15 years at Charlie's Chophouse and we love the food and staff. We are always treated so well. The restaurant is so nice and very family oriented. Great place to relax and eat!!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

First night our meal and service were very good - hot and crisp fries, onion rings and fish sandwiches on perfectly toasted buns. Friendly staff. 2nd night, took waiter 4 attempts to fully place our order for 2 cheesburgers and fries (uh, how do you want it cooked. Oh, we don't have pepperjack cheese after all - 10 min after placing order.) Had to send him back for some mustard and he brought a ketchup bottle that still had the plastic seal on the lid which I had to then break and pull off. Got half the qty of fries as compared to first night and they were not hot or crisp and mostly pieces and crumbs. Both of our burgers were more done on one half than the other. I know why the place was mostly empty.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered the hot wings at the bar and I can honestly say they were the worst wings I have ever had. For $9 I received four wings and homemade chips. The wings were small, dry and bland. There was barely enough sauce on them to call them hot wings. If I wanted chicken I would have went to KFC and got a lot more for my money. Disappointed to say the least..

I did hear the pizza was out of this world.

Date of visit: June 2017