“Absolute best bakery pizza ”
Review of CAPRARA BAKERY

CAPRARA BAKERY
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Southgate
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Caprara Bakery has been in business since 1959 and has been serving the Downriver community for over 50 years. Fresh bread made daily.Pepperoni rolls,hoagies,pizza by the slice or whole cooked party tray pizzas.Unbaked pizzas.Homemade tiramisu,cookies.eclairs,cannoli.3-6 foot party subs.Full Italian deli and grocery. Fine wine selection.Ice cold beer.
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I grew up enjoying their pizza and hoagies, and 30+ years later, the food is as delicious as when I was a kid. We buy an unbaked pizza for Christmas Eve as a tradition, and whenever I visit family I look for a chance to grab a hoagie. Thick, but airy, pizza with puddles of grease. . . Just heaven!

Date of visit: November 2016
Caprara B, Owner at CAPRARA BAKERY, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Thank you for for the great review. We really appreciate your business. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

You need to try the Italian sub. It just adds one more great thing to their alreafy great menu. The food is always fresh and taste great.

Date of visit: October 2016
Caprara B, Owner at CAPRARA BAKERY, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Thanks for the great review. We truly appreciate your business. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Been coming here for 30 odd years, buying bread, meats, pizza dough, cheese pepperoni, sauce, etc. Love the unbaked pizza for a quick, cheap, good dinner and the hoagies are great. If it wasn't good, I wouldn't have kept going all these years, even through the change in ownership. Quality is consistent and the people are friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Parking in a very small lot.
My bread was hard. Prices were a bit higher for the quality of the product. Service was okay

Date of visit: September 2015
Anthony A, Owner at CAPRARA BAKERY, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Thanks for the review of our bakery. yes our parking lot is a bit small but there is more parking on the side of our building also. As far as the bread being hard. Yes our Italian bakery serves authentic hard crust Italian bread baked fresh daily. As far as the price. We have the lowest prices in the area for a fresh baked loaf of Italian bread. Once again thanks for your review and we hope to see you soon. Tony ..Caprara Bakery

Reviewed 14 July 2015

I grew up in this area and would frequently stop here for a pepperoni roll. Then I moved to the Pacific Northwest. No one out here makes true Italian bread so trying to find something to ease my need for pepperoni rolls is out of the question. My wife and daughters have been converted and now whenever I go to Michigan, I have to bring back a dozen for the family. I was there this weekend and found out that they are now shipping so I won't have to wait until my next trip! YEAH!!!!

Date of visit: July 2015