See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We chose this Detroit suberb hotel for a 3 day visit with friends and family. The studio room with a full kitchen allowed us to host a few small gatherings. At the end of the day the very clean and comfortable room and bed were waiting for us. A king bed would have been nice but only queen beds are offered. I will return to Candlewood on our next visit.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Perfect place to stay at for short business trips.Rooms are neat and clean, very well equipped with a fully functional kitchen enabling guests to make their own desired dishes. The staff at this property are very helpful and they help in every possible way to make their guest's stay as comfortable as they can.The 24 hour in-house self service cupboard is an essential part and the free laundry is another plus point. Overall a great place to stay at. Will recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2016

The staff is quite friendly and very helpful. It was a rather small suite, but was sufficient; however, it required some additional attention in the housekeeping department. The carpet had a few stains on it (after examination it appeared to be ink), the inside of the bathroom door had drippage (from multiple sources, I imagine) dried on it and the bottom of the toilet and the floor underneath wasn't clean. To top it off the drain in the bathtub was excessively slow. Good thing I travel with Lysol! One night there was enough.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear classyk,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the carpet condition, housekeeping and the bathroom condition which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
IHGService

Reviewed 9 December 2015

My fiance and I booked here to visit her parents in Beverly Hills. We stayed here for almost 3 weeks. The entire place is a coronicopia or weird smells: cheap perfume to cover sour carpet smells in the hallways. Fabreeze to cover dog urine smell. And rooms that either smell like bleach or camel cigs or both. The carpet was dirty in our room. I heard the rooms were renovated 5 years ago but a lot of the visitors are in construction so it is a bit worn out from that group being rough on the units. Water is brown in tub. Our dishwasher was vintage and it leaked. The fridge, which was a different color (fridge black/washer almond) did not get very cold, in fact, things in the freezer were always thawed. Worse yet, management lets sketchy people stay here. People with mental problems. They even have an army green bus with blacked out windows parked out back with an long cord to plug in inside. And, along with the abandoned, tagless vehicles that surround it -- makes for a trailer park atmosphere. There are also police break-in here I have been told. So, would I stay here again? 100% --- no way. $70 was too much for a Motel 6 with a little better furniture. Bed is way too soft. And the walls are way too thin. I could hear neighbor singing - prob. on something. My girl and I will look for something better next time where are visiting.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ogden1512
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Dear ogden1512,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the general condition of our rooms and property. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,

Mike F.
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I stayed there for one week on a business trip. I've been staying very often and for many years in Candlewood Suites hotels and I can say this hotel is very average. The vicinity is not so nice but is safe and close to two freeways. The overall condition is ok. Also my queen bed studio was ok. I'd even say that the design is a little nicer than other hotels of this chain (not so old fashioned). Overall, this hotel is not a beauty but what would you expect for this price.

The price is significantly lower than other hotels in the area offering free breakfast. So, this is the deal: Housekeeping is just once per week and you do your own breakfast. No problem with me since I prefer my own healthy breakfast to these poor free breakfasts.

Staff was mostly very nice except for the lady checking me in at arrival which was after frontdesk was closed for the night. All other staff was very friendly and eager to please. I had two technical problems and they were very eager to fix it quickly.

A big plus for me and one of the reasons for choosing this place was the multi-purpose resistance machine they have in their gym. I was not disappointed and it turned out to be very effective for my daily workout.

Overall: I can recommend this place and will surely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Carlos C,