US$113
US$109
US$115
US$106
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$108
  • Pool
US$71
US$69
Red Roof
All reviewsfull size fridgevery nice place to staywould definitely stay here againreclinerutensils
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I guess when you let someone else book your work hotel you cannot expect to get what you were looking for... the room smelled weird I cannot explain the smell but it was strange. Every night after 4/5 the bathroom smelled like cigarettes to the point where I would be coughing. The floor in the kitchen area was slimy and gross. It had space and a small gym, but there really is not anything within walking distance and it seems like there are a lot of people that call this place home which was also strange. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Dear AStoyss,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We regret that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We would also like to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding our rooms and bathrooms. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. In addition, your feedback has been forwarded to our management to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2015

I stayed here for a week, and commuted to Novi every day, which was roughly 20 minutes during rush hour. Location was safe and convenient.. in the middle between work and downtown Detroit. I think this Hotel was a great value for the dollar. Realizing prices change from week to week, please compare prices before booking... I found the price of this hotel varies as much as $40 / night. The room was great... nice bed, nice kitchen, nice bedroom. The gym was super, and getting a free laundry was a nice perk, as was the cupboard, and the huge gas grill outside. Do I miss free breakfast and a pool? Yes! However, in Detroit area, that can set you back another 40 bucks or more a night.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the gym, laundry and cupboard.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 981jeffreyl
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

We came with my husband on his business trip, and had high expectations. However when my husband checked in there is no staff at front desk he had to pick up the phone and dial 0 to get anyone. Hotel was already paid for through my husbands work however they asked him for a credit card in which he replied he didn't have one and the guy at the desk very rudely looked at my husbands open wallet and say "so none of those cards work" which my husband replied no they are being used for other things and this is a work thing anyway. I found that very rude. The room is nice, some dirty spots on the bathroom door. You can however hear every noise made in the hotel must be thin walls. And our fridge made a weird knocking noise. It's not a hotel I would probably choose on my own, but it was satisfactory.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Devon A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Devon A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I sincerely apologize if the level of service yo have received at check in and the noise levels may have caused you any inconvenience. Let us assure you that this is not the daily norm at our hotel as we do strive to provide a friendly and comfortable stay. Your comments are very important to us and will help us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the level of service we provide.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I hope that we will get another opportunity to welcome you back.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Apparently hotels do not have the time, staff, or resources to perform what many establishments call a “deep cleaning,” which is a term shrouded in mystery. Some managers tell me a special rug shampoo is used, others say they must extra sanitize the room, and yet some tell me they have to clean behind and under the bed. I have yet to actually see what takes place in a deep cleaning. Warning: Have deep pockets, too, as some hotels that do allow pets (in most cases, this means dogs) may charge anywhere between $75 and $250 for extra per night for pet friendly rooms.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Joesephine S
Reviewed 18 December 2014

I've recently stayed at this hotel in Southfield, Mi., and at first I was just leery about Michigan period!, however this is a great hotel that is very safe, and conveniently located in Southfield, MI for which I stayed for 7 months or more. The staff is awesome, with one exception........... just make sure you work out all of the details of your trip with the GM Bryan, because there is a front desk clerk Melissa, who just do not get things right, because of Melissa, I cannot give this Hotel a 5 star., However, I would highly recommend it for long-term guests. Housekeeping is great as well!, Oh, less not forget the onsite mechanic who keeps this hotel running like a well oiled machine! ....................... he is there whenever he is needed, even on the weekends! Overall this is a great place, ........................ just avoid MELISSA, is you can!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mensa2
CWSDTTSO, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Detroit Southfield. We are very happy you enjoyed you stay with us. We do aplogise that you had a bad encounter with one of our front desk agents. This issue will be looked into. If you are ever in the area again we hope you choose our hotel. Hope to see you again soon.