All reviews brownie across the street guest house lake michigan my husband and i hummus bed and breakfast popcorn machine interesting books cookies afternoon snack gracious hosts common areas granola the main house home made from chicago
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Everything about Yelton Manor is wonderful! Starting with the exceptionally warm and sincere welcome by both Robert and Elaine, my stay was unforgettable. My expectations were far and away exceeded by the wonderful hospitality. They both were happy to chat and offer suggestions on what to do in South Haven. Their passion, enthusiasm and joy for Yelton and the people who stay there is quite unique. The houses and rooms are works of beauty, with no detail missed. There is an endless supply of books, movies, and even a yoga mat! The food is delicious - healthy, fresh, vegetarian. Much of it is homemade with care - fresh brownies, muesli, and hummus daily, jams, pickles....the list goes on! It is delightful to have a breakfast that energizes you for the day, and they also provide a snack buffet in the afternoon just when you might feel peckish. Definitely a phenomenal experience!! I could continue to go on and on, but I wouldn't want to ruin the delight of discovering for yourself just how amazing Yelton is...

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline C
Elaine H, Owner at Yelton Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

"Passion...and joy...." Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with YMBB.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We went to yelton manor the weekend after our wedding to take a reprieve form the whirlwind. It was everything we hoped for and more. Elaine and Robert could not have been more welcoming or gracious hosts. Elaine is also super funny! The rooms were super clean. The books, the gardening, the grounds....all so charming and thoughtfully designed. We especially loved all the charming nooks for reading. The food was also organic and healthy which we loved. The beds were super comfortable and we slept the longest we had in a while. Finally, the location is unbeatable. It is steps from the beach and close to town. We are so thankful and will be back soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Yelton Manor was the destination for the annual Western Michigan Fall Color Tour that I recently made. Overnight accommodations, at one of the Manor House's suites. I would highly recommend the comfort of the rooms - my suite was utterly beautiful right down to the details, including some suggested movies left in my room. Steps away to the beach, and close to town for all sorts of dining options, the location was great. My utter and total favorite was the HUGE comfortable bed and peace & quiet that permeated my stay. The food was absolutely as advertised - organic, vegetarian, delicious, and plenty of it!! You could tell they take a great deal of pride in preparing and presenting healthy, nutritious foods. It never ceases to amaze me how good I feel after a few days of eating clean like this - it definitely adds to the whole experience of "stepping away". I will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Manor Guest House Suites are roomy and spacious!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank sohatraveler
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I had never been to a bed and breakfast before, however, I definitely will be returning to the Yelton Manor. From the moment you arrive, the warmth and love that Robert and Elaine put into this B&B is apparent. Stepping into the Manor house, you are welcomed with the scent of warm brownies and fresh popcorn in the air. The delicious snacks in the afternoon and the wonderful breakfast are to die for. Elaine makes a delightful black currant preserve that is amazing in the Refrigerator oats in the morning. There were no complaints for us with the breakfast. It is healthy and fresh and you are more than satisfied when leaving the table. Hard boiled eggs, sprouts, refrigerator oats, bagels and english muffins are on the menu along with fresh fruits and jams/jellies that are out of this world. You truly feel like a part of the family in this beautiful home. I will definitely be heading back to the Yelton Manor next summer. We are already missing the atmosphere and friendliness of Elaine and Robert.

Room Tip: The Iris room on the 3rd floor has a beautiful tub and is very peaceful.
Reviewed 9 October 2015

On the spur of the moment, we visited South Haven. Looking for for a nice place to stay we happened upon this beautiful looking B&B. A fortunate happenstance. The room and entire Inn are beautifully decorated. They offer all of the traditional amenities. Easy access to the beach. Easy walking distance to quaint shops and restaurants. Owners where very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was an enjoyable experience. Not your traditional breakfast. Plethora of home made farm fresh fare. I very much enjoyed the owners description of the breakfast menu. She made eating healthy fun. And it really was delicious. When I visit South Haven again, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lily room. I would request it again.