All reviews the blue room rocking horse toilet and shower heart of downtown movie theater across the street beds were comfortable new owners can't beat the location perfect location park your car within walking distance chain hotel mini fridge visiting south haven continental breakfast great place to stay
Reviewed 14 October 2017

It is a charming old building that has been updated but retains old time charm. It is very clean and the people were very cordial and helpful. It is conveniently located within walking distance of both Lake Michigan and the heart of the downtown tourist district.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I've been coming to Hotel Nichols for years. I love it's charm, hominess, cost-effectiveness and convenience to beaches and downtown.. The new owners seem eager to continue in it's tradition. They also seem sincerely interested in what can improve it. I liked getting a warm breakfast instead of the previous continental one.I look forward to seeing a few tweaks on an already great place!

Room Tip: If you want your room refreshed over the weekend, you need to request it.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My wife and I had a weekend where there was nothing planned, so I said why don't we take Friday off and go on a mystery trip. So we headed to Grand Haven, Saugatuck and South Haven MI. Hotel Nichols was like a B&B with your own bath. It was clean, centrally located and the staff was friendly. Apparently we stayed on the last night of when ownership got transferred. Which was ok. The only inconvenience is lack of coffee in the early morning.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Atmosphere, accommodations, location are awesome. The hotel is clean and well maintained. We will be making this a regular stop each year. You are literally a block or two away from everything downtown.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Perfect location- walking distance to all shops, restaurants and the beach. Lovely, clean rooms-felt like we were in Europe. Friendly staff- very helpful from reservation through checkout. We would definitely stay again:)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple