“Sweet”

Comfort Suites South Haven
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel and good stay comfortable suite two rooms. Great towels very soft hotel towels are usually scratchy but not these. Everything was good except for the tv direct tv. It was a rainy weekend and had no tv and no Cubs baseball. Would stay again though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful getting a pull out cot for the children. Was great to have a quiet place to go after the big day with family, we could unwind and let the kids enjoy the pool. Will stay again at Holiday time.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

we walked in asked if there was a pool and how much was the room. Pool being #1 priority for our daughter. Price being #1 priority for us. Price was good. I went back to the car where my husband was and he said I smelled like choline, I said well they have a pool. We asked for a 1st floor room because we just got back from 2 days of walking in Chicago. We got settled in our room which was a king bed and a pull out couch, the room itself was quite big. It was a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke, not a huge deal I had spray deodorizer with me. We went into town to have lunch then came back for a nap/swim. We went down to the pool and as soon as we opened the door there was a cholorine smell. I didn't swim but was there to make sure there was no drowning. My daughter who is 11 and will swim in just about anything said that her throat was burning after about 5 mins of being in there. I had her get out because that just can't be good for the lungs . Whoever puts the choline in goes way over board. So, my rating is a 3 based off of the pool. The breakfast was good, sausage and eggs, waffles, bagels, danishes, etc. The girl (short and cute didn't get her name) that checked us in also checked us out she was very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jenny3479
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I am not usually picky, just give me nice staff and clean sheets. We did not get either on this stay this weekend. My husband climbed into bed to find hairs all over in sheets. We called down and they sent up another set of sheets for us to change. Those sheets were wet, not just damp so we had to call again for another set. Breakfast was basic but nothing special but we noticed ants all over the counter so we shared that with the staff. At check out I thought I would share our experience... the manager came out and listened to my concern and then said I will give you $35 refund but had to find staff to complete this transaction...... I literally had to wait for him to go find someone to process. When it was over... I got $25 back, not sure how that miscommunication occurred but figured I would let it go. I paid $249 for the room so figured 10/ discount was best he could do. But there are a few other hotels on this strip that I will try next time and skip this one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Heidi S
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife and I use Comfort Inns and Suites a lot and have generally had good to great esxperience with them. Our visit with South Haven was an exception to the rule. The hotel was clean, fairly up to date and pleasant. The first thing we noticed was that the room lights were all lamped with low light output LED's or CFL's and one felt trapped in the dimness at night even with all the lights on that worked. Desk light was dead. A minor annoyance was the closet rod was about a half inch below the shelf so you had to turn a hangar sideways and then rotate down to hang anything. Our room was ground floor with a meeting room next to it and on our second night it was used for a ladies party which we could hear with stunning clarity up until 11 PM when we couldn't stand it any longer and called to complain to the front desk. Our third night some glitch in their phone system caused the room phone to ring once every hour from 2 AM to 6 AM when I unplugged the phones. I also notice that the ceiling transmits footsteps above and plumbing noise well. Our stay was just one of constant irritations we will be in no hurry to repeat. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay off the first floor