“Fall Color Tour”

Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Right on Lake Michigan, a room with a view, a hot tub, and a fireplace. Probably the last really warm weekend before the snow flies. We were on the second floor, with a balcony right next to our room, so we had a view! So beautiful! We were close enough that we could go into town in a couple of minutes, and St. Joseph, and Saugatuck are only a half hour away. Take the lake road either way! Beautiful scenery! The room was nice, but, they could have left 2 coffee packages in the rooms. My husband and I both like at least 2 cups a day, and could just barely make it. Also, when I went into the lobby in the evening, and asked if they had any plastic spoons, I was told no. They serve a continental breakfast in the morning, with yogurt, they have spoons! For $200.00 a night for our room, I would think they could have given me a spoon! We've stayed at this hotel before, many, many years ago, back when they didn't have all the extra rooms as they do now. I liked it better back then.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the better the view. They are on a bluff, so you will not have access to the...
1  Thank Michele A

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Originally from South Haven, I was returning for my 55th class reunion. Rather than stay at one of the larger “big box“ type hotels or motels, my wife preferred to stay someplace that would give her more atmosphere and a nice view of Lake Michigan. The big box type hotels & motels (one of which we are members of in their rewards program) are all located 1 mile from town and are in the middle of a cluster of big box stores. Not what we were looking for. Lake Bluff Inn offers a very nice, peaceful setting in the woods with a beautiful view of Lake Michigan — especially for sunsets. Even though we only got 1 night of a beautiful sunset, the second night gave us a nice view of a lightening storm over the lake.
We had a 2-bedroom, complete with kitchenette & 2 flat screen TVs accommodation — it was comfortable, the furniture was comfortable, it was roomy and still cost less than the popular big chain options with only 1 room.

Room Tip: Upper rooms may give a better view of lake & are accessible by stairs only. But our ground floor...
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The location couldn't be better for a great view of Lake Michigan. We had a single queen room. It felt a little cramped for 2 people but would have been fine for one. The room had everything, including a toaster oven, but I wish there had been a shelf in the bathroom because it was hard to manage things I was using. Also, I felt it was hard to keep the vertical blinds in place for privacy. The breakfast was good, with lots of choices.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Lake Bluff is a great place to stay. We have been visiting for 27 years. It is owned and run by the same family for 38 years. The place is very clean and the location offers a great place to view sunsets! It’s always a pleasure to stay here. This is a nice place to bring the family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Not being familiar with this location, I only booked for one night. Before the evening was done, I was wishing they had openings for another night. This is not a "Hilton" experience but a perfect getaway. Basic rooms are small but very adequate. The grounds are amazing and everything is well maintained. I feel like I discovered South Haven's best kept secret!

Room Tip: Book a room with a fireplace & personal jacuzzi tub for a pampered experience and views of the L...
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
28.7 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas

Been to Lake Bluff Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!