“Good destination”

Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Overall, a very good choice for my group of 16 golfers for a long weekend. Rooms are a bit dated but they are clean and have a certain charm to them. Sunsets on the Bluff are awesome, and a nightly gathering spot for guests. We took over the rec room for cards and pizza at night and a good time was had by all. I wish breakfasts were served earlier -- not much use to us when we left for golf before 8 am.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Very clean. Close to town. Everything was perfect. I think every room has a great view of the lake. I wish we would have known about this place when our kids were younger.
They would have had a great time. The only odd thing was there was no chain on the inside of the door.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a trip here for our 10 year anniversary. This is our second trip here and each visit was great. Our room was clean and comfortable, the view is amazing, the staff is very kind, and the maid service was good. We can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenni T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Fireplace would not start. Light bulbs blown. And worst of all jacuzzi would not run which was the whole reason I booked at this place! Went down in the morning and was told nothing they could do I should have called at 11 at night. That would have been a intimate killer! Very upset

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of a weekend getaway trip with my girlfriend. This review is based on a regular room, not a luxury suite. I will start with the good. The hotel is located right along the Lake Michigan coast which allows for great views (especially around sunset). They also include continental breakfast in the mornings, which is convenient. The room itself includes a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker as advertised. Bed was clean and comfortable. Free guest wifi. Now for the bad. Our room had a strong musky odor. The carpet felt a little damp. The room had a motel vibe as room opens to the outside (which allows bugs to get in your room every time you open the door). You can clearly hear neighbors due to paper thin walls. Faucet and handles on bathtub were grimy. For the price we paid, we were expecting something much better. We were out and about for most of the days so we were able to manage but my recommendation would be to either pay extra for the luxury rooms or find another hotel altogether.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are not worth it for what you get vs. what you pay. Upgrade to luxury rooms or find an...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
34.2 km away
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Lake Bluff Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lake Bluff Inn and Suites

Address: 76648 11th Ave, South Haven, MI 49090-1651
Region: United States > Michigan > Van Buren County > South Haven
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Price Range: €83 - €93 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Lake Bluff Inn and Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Lake Bluff Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lake Bluff Hotel South Haven