All reviews bistro restaurant within walking distance silver beach oatmeal lake michigan sized refrigerator park view free breakfast buffet across the street the location is perfect separate bedroom bit dated light sleeper keurig machine beautifully decorated for christmas business trip room suite
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This is probably the best hotel in St Joseph. We went for a weekend. Such a nice walk to the beach, and within walking distance of downtown. The breakfast buffet at the Bistro wasn’t the best. We skipped it our second morning and had breakfast in town. But, we did have a wonderful delicious dinner there one night. We were seated outside and had a beautiful view of the sunset. Staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious and had a great view of the park.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joshedunn
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We came to the venue for an after wedding dinner. We got there at 7:00pm. We got our appetizers that we ordered an hour later. We got our dinner two hours later. Normally I would’ve requested a manager, but it was for my fathers wedding. Not only were the bride and groom upset but so were the other 9 guest. On the plus when the food did eventually come out it was piping hot and delicious. We all loved the cornbread dishes for the apps and we all loved the iron skillet steaks. My daughter didn’t eat her grilled cheese cause it’s white cheese not orange cheese. Not that this was the restaurant fault just mentioning in case your child is particular about that too.

Overall I will never return here due to the extreme wait times. You’d think they’d be a little more prepared when they knew a wedding was coming there and reserved their private room to only gave up wait two hours for dinner is s bit much.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. We were there to attend the Krasl Art Fair - it was right across the street from the hotel and was a great art fair! The hot buffet breakfast was very good and had many options.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank robertroush1127
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We had a really nice stay due to the location. For 2 days it was a great area to explore the beach and downtown St. Joseph. The kids loved the beach and playground. they road the carousel and we ate at several restaurants in St. Joseph. We appreciated the large room with separate living room.

2-3 weeks after we booked someone called me direct and said they would not honor the rate I booked. That I would need to pay $250 more per night for our 2 night stay. They told me there were additional terms that I did not meet when I booked. I went back to the website and looked for these terms in the booking process and did not find them. I emailed to tell the hotel that those terms were nowhere to be found and that I booked legitimately. They emailed back and relented, agreeing to honor my rate. Similar to a recent review I read, there seems to be an issue with the reservation department trying to cancel valid reservations because of discounts they offered. I got the feeling that they were nearly booked and wanted me to cancel so they could book someone else at a higher rate that weekend.

We had a great stay in the end, but until we acutally traveled I was worried my reservation would not be honored.

Room Tip: Only the highest floors offer beach view because of the trees.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeffrey Z
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the great location to be able to walk to Silver Beach as well as downtown St Joseph. The suite was clean and nice however smelled a bit musty. Parking is very limited and hard to get a place to park. You are expected to park in an all day public lot and depending on when you arrive there may not be any spots. Despite limited parking we would stay here again. You can’t beat the location.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple