All reviews bistro restaurant within walking distance silver beach park view oatmeal lake michigan sized refrigerator free breakfast buffet across the street separate bedroom the location is perfect bit dated light sleeper keurig machine beautifully decorated for christmas room suite st joe
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Hotel is located in the best part of St.Jo with magnificent view to lake Michigan. Staff is extremely friendly and the rooms are great. Breakfast is served in the restaurant but it is too few for the great hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Located just across the street from the lakeside park and at the corner of downtown, we couldn’t have been happier with the location. Even in cold evenings, we found walking to the brewery and the beach was very doable. Just down the hill from the hotel was the Amtrack station; next time we plan to visit Chicago for the day. Beginning each morning at the connected Bistro restaurant for the complementary breakfast overlooking the lake was a great start to the day. Rooms were very clean and spacious with a separate living area with second tv. With winter rates, this hotel was a steal.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A 5 star hotel for st joe. A 4 star for a big city. Always a good experience. The rooms are quite large. I believe all suites. Walking distance to all the downtown activities and restaurants and bars.

The only downside- the included breakfast buffet always has the same items and there are not many items. Good, well prepared, but limited choices.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018

This one is a very nice place, little old facilities but still nice, the location is perfect, just in the middle of the downtown, close to the lake so you will have a great view and also very close to the restaurant zone by walking.
I only had breakfast there and it was not my favorite one but it was good enough to have a good start.
The rooms are nice and very comfortable, more space than I needed but again a little bit old

Room tip: Lower floors are easier to access because the elevator is a little bit slow
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Rogelio_Cuellar
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have wanted to stay at this hotel for YEARS, but I am not willing to pay their summer season prices. I noticed that in the winter months the price is a fraction of summertime, so this was the year I planned to check it out, and it was worth it for us.

The room was their upgraded park view suite, again for a FRACTION of the summer rates, and was awesome. Two rooms, kitchen, very spacious, nice bathroom area and king bed. Since it's winter, the views of the lake were nice and not obstructed in anyway from the sixth floor we stayed.

The restaurant is horribly overpriced and we do not care for their food choices, as we had eaten here during the summer in previous visits. While this is not our dinner spot of choice, I am sure for those who like that fancy stuff, it might be more your cup o tea.

The staff was very pleasant no matter who we dealt with. The morning breakfast buffet ladies went over and above their job for us, even bringing me Diet Pepsi that I had requested with my breakfast. Their vending machines only have RC Cola choices, nothing else. The front desk chaps were also very welcoming and helpful as needed.

There was plenty of parking available for us, again in the off season, between the public parking lot next door, and the street. I am sure during the summer months, at least during the day, this could be a different story.

Breakfast buffet was scrambled eggs, sausage links, cold cereal, bread, muffins, fruit and a few other things. I have had better and worse. Their internet was not the best, forcing me to have to connect and disconnect multiple times before I could get a consistent signal, but for checking social media and email, was fine.

All in all, for the price we paid this was an awesome experience and we were glad we finally stayed here. We like staying at these type of places in the off season where we can check it off the bucket list, and review for the travel blog. I would not pay the in-season rate personally for our travel ambitions, but I am sure in the summer this is awesome with the views and people watching.

Room tip: Top floor for best views and off season for best prices
Date of stay: January 2018